Monday, November 13, 2023

TRYING TO HAVE A PRODUCTIVE DAY

 


Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a wonderful day.  It is very early as I write this.  Not quite 6:00 a.m.  I am going to do my best to have a good and productive day today.  I haven't been very productive lately.  I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder which has been very bad this year.  But I am fighting it.  It gets worse and worse as the sunlight gets shorter and shorter until December 21st when we have only 5 1/2 hours of daylight.  And then it slowly gets better.  I could never live in Maine where my brother, sister and niece and her husband live.  They have even less sunlight than I do.  Now you know why I love summer so much.  Today there is 10 hours and 3 minutes of sunlight.

I am a fighter and I am fighting this by trying my best to get my home ready for the holidays.  Do any of you watch Diane in Denmark on YouTube?  I have watched her for several years.  She uses the FlyLady system to keep her home clean.  FlyLady doesn't really work for me.  Believe me, I've tried.  But I take the parts of it that do work and use them.  It does help.  So I have made myself a list for the next week of what I want to accomplish.  I think as I cross things off of that list, I will feel better.

What have I done so far?  Taken my first round of medicine (there are three in the morning and one in the evening), looked at my online advent calendar, and now I'm writing this.  But then I've only been awake for an hour.

So off to get something done.  Like getting a shower and dressed perhaps?  And picking up my groceries from the store.  Thanks for listening to me and see you all soon.  I'll let you know how I do.

Until later...


Kathy


4 comments:

  1. Hello Kathy, I understand the emptiness that comes with winter when the landscape turns brown and gray, and cold. I don't like the cold and heavy clothes. I have a sunny east facing window and I moved my desk supplies so that I sit in the sun in the morning. It helps in the morning. The older I get (now 65) my body makes life harder when it's cold. I am 7 weeks out after hip replacement and 3 spinal fusions. This year the holidays are going to be minimal at my house inside and I think I might like it, just a bit. ~jackiesee~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. I think I suffer from that condition as well, so I do understand. I hope that you had a good day and that you have a good week! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the seasonal & sunshine. For some reason the time change has also affected me badly this year. I just can"t seem to get my circadian (?) rhythm in gear. I've been trying, besides walking my dogs, to walk to the store or to pick something up, just to get out in the sunshine. It does make me feel a bit better!
    Hope you were able to accomplish enough things to have a better day. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that many others deal with same issue of less daylight during these winter months. Thankfully, I have never been affected but wish we did not have to fall back and spring ahead. We haven't yet started any 🎄decorating until after 🦃 as I am a traditionalist through and through 😀

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.