Saturday, March 11, 2023

DO YOU LIKE TO COLOR?



Hello, friends!  Hope you had a good week.  And here it is the weekend already.  Time just flies by.  And speaking of time, don't forget to change your clocks tonight.  On the news they said this may be the last time if Congress approves to keep the clocks the same time year round.

You may wonder about the title of this post.  I am addicted to coloring apps on my tablet.  It is so relaxing, especially with all the stress I've been under recently.  The other day I was doing one with no pre-drawn lines.  In other words, instead of looking like a coloring book, it looked like a blank piece of paper.  Those are cool because you have no idea what you are coloring.  It could be an old car, a cat, a house in a large clearing, or words that say "You are Stupid."  Yes, it could be anything at all.  But this one looked interesting.  After the first few colors I knew what I was coloring and it made me so happy.  Here's the picture with the first 10 colors on.  Do you know what it is?


No?  Well maybe after 20 colors.


Do you know now?   Well, look at it with 30 colors.


At first I thought it was a bird.  But by this time I knew what it was.  Here is 50 colors.


Did you guess it was a butterfly?  I did.  This was one of the hardest pictures I have ever colored.  Here it is at 100 colors.


As I went on, it became prettier and prettier.  This next picture is at 200 colors.


It ended up having 321 colors and took me two days to color it.  But it was well worth it.  How pretty!


Most pictures that I color I can do in 20 minutes or less.  They are not complicated and do not have hundreds of colors.  But every once in a while I like to challenge myself and do the more complicated ones.

Do you have a hobby that helps you to relax?  By the way I also enjoy reading, crocheting, knitting and photography to help me get rid of that stress.

What's my stress?  Let me just say that doctors and dentists are wonderful people and I'm so glad that we have them.  But when you see two a week for six weeks you do get stressed.

Thanks for reading.  I'll see you all soon.

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. That coloring app looks really cool! The butterfly picture you did is lovely. I like to color, but have never done so online. I hope you are feeling good this weekend. Thanks for the reminder to turn the clocks ahead. I sure hope that Congress makes daylight savings time permanent. I hate setting the clocks back and forth. Have a good Sunday. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color pages you do on your tablet. It took me two times to figure out it was a butterfly. I knew I could see a bit of flowers as well. I plan to start knitting again soon. It would be good to stay daylight savings time since we get more light at times. This time makes a bit hard for me for sleep. I think I will go to bed a bit early as we need to be at church at 9:30 a.m. Yes, setting clocks is no fun either!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it look me up to 200 colours to figure out it's a butterfly. the finished coloured picture is nice, can you print them out ? I play shopee candy and shopee bubble to release stress..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can print them out and sometimes do for decoration.

      Delete
  4. So beautiful! I thought it was a bird at first. My hobbies include reading (especially Charles Spurgeon), playing Hidden Objects online,
    walking my dogs & currently watching Leave It To Beaver reruns! I agree about Daylight Savings time. It's a real pain. My suggestion? To
    make both sides happy (& it is an hour...) turn it a half hour ahead,then half hour back & LEAVE IT ALONE! Setting it back & forth upsets every-
    body's rhythm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never done this online but I would love it! I do a puzzle and play solitaire every day. It's relaxing! Your butterfly is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHY YESS! Yes I do. What a fun way to spend some idle hours in something so beautifully creative. It took me til the end to see that glorious butterfly, which is unusual, because I can "see the tiger in the trees," pretty much every time, and if it's words---say a ten-letter word, you can fold it in half horizontally and I can read it by top or bottom, whichever is visible. Or by just one stroke of each letter. Crazy brain. I got laughed at by a lady in the license branch once, for gazing at the ceiling while I was at the desk. She didn't know I always do that, because I don't glance down at all that private business, even if it's upside down. Just doesn't seem nice. Still snowing here, teeninecy little balls which are not melting on the porch. And such a great promise of buds on the trees already. Hope you're staying well and warm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.