Saturday, March 19, 2022

ST. PATRICK'S DAY



 Hello friends!  I thought I would do a quick post to tell you about St. Patrick's Day this year.  I made a YouTube video about it too in which I take my viewers along with me during the day.

It was a productive day even though I slept for several hours.  I felt up to it so I made some Irish Soda Bread.  It's such an easy recipe.  Just four ingredients:  flour, baking soda, salt and buttermilk.  It wasn't the best I've ever made, but it turned out good.

For dinner I didn't have a ham, so I used Spam for my meat.  Some people don't like Spam, but I love it.  I also had a small head of cabbage and some potatoes that I cooked along with it.

Joe's cousin came over in the afternoon.  It was the first time I had met her,  She is so sweet and she had made us some Irish potatoes.  She gave us two boxes.  They were so good!  And she is such an artistic person.  The boxes were decorated so pretty.






I don't have any St. Patrick's Day decorations, so I saved what she had put into the boxes (gold coins, wired shamrocks, yellow ribbon) and I have an idea of how to use them next year.  I asked if she does Easter candy and she said yes, so I plan on buying some from her for my friends.

It is very late so I am going to get going.  Church comes early tomorrow.  Hope you all had a good day and I will see you soon.

Kathy




8 comments:

  1. Those potatoes are so pretty! Win-win when they taste as good as they look. Both Russ & I love Spam as well It's so versatile.
    I'm glad you felt a bit better. It was so beautiful outside! Now the first day of spring. Looking forward to getting plants for the yard,especially coleus (my favorite!). Happy SUN-day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to spend time with her. I am not decorating much at all this year. I have other things taking my time, like getting outside. Happy Sunday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy. That was nice of Joe's cousin to bring you a treat for St. Paddy's Day. Sounds like you have been busy and are feeling better. Hope you have a good Sunday. See you again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to meet a cousin bearing gifts. I've never seen or heard of anything like it. Very cool. I am glad that you made it through the day so well. ☘️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, I watched your video that you put up for St. Patrick's day and your Irish soda bread recipe looks very easy. I had never heard of Irish potatoes so I had to look it up on the internet. I hope I remember for next year because I'd like to make some for a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you felt well enough to celebrate and your menu sounded delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated St Patrick's 🍀 Day to you and Joe. We did have a traditional corned beef dinner which Grenville prepared, including homemade soda bread. I have never tried Spam (honestly) but it seems that you were very creative in adding cabbage and potatoes. I will be watching your video next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.