Saturday, April 10, 2021

DATE NIGHT

 I was going to write about Easter today, but something exciting happened this afternoon.  Joe and I went on a date.  An actual date to an actual eat in restaurant.  It is the first time we have eaten out in over a year.

I have been very down lately and Joe decided I needed to get out of the house.  I called Yamato's (our favorite restaurant) and found they had dine-in available.  And since there were only two of us we didn't need a reservation.  So we got ourselves together and headed out.

Of course we had to wear masks, but it was so good to walk in and say we were dining there.



They had updated the "fish wall" since the last time we were there.


Joe got a salad and miso soup with his meal.


My pork and ginger gyoza came out first.  It was SO GOOD.


Then I got a plate of sweet potato and mango sushi.  Another winner in my book.  So good!  I know I keep saying that, but it was.


Joe got a teryaki beef bento box.  He had the beef, rice, some sushi, crabmeat balls, shrimp and veggie tempora.



We were gone only about an hour and a half, but it felt like a weekend vacation.  Maybe this means the end of the pandemic is in sight.  Maybe?

Joe bought me a new computer but when I tried to set it up this afternoon, it isn't compatible with the printer we have nor does it have the software I need for my church work.  So I am going to work on it tomorrow to remove my private information which I entered and we will try to return it and get something else.  *sigh*  I was really hoping this would work.

Hope you are having a good evening.  I will be seeing you this week.


Kathy




15 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy! So glad you and Joe could get away for a little date. All the food looks so delicious. Computer issues are so frustrating. I hope you can get them taken care of soon. Hope you have a good Sunday and feel much better this week! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for your date! They truly do make a person (& day) special. Here's to hoping the end of Covid is in sight. Hope you feel better in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to have dinner out...I know exactly how you felt....marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All you have to do is update the printer software and they should relate to each other just fine, Kathy. Your date sounds wonderful. Good for you folks. Hopefully you're both fully vaccinated though... that's the ticket! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My printer is old and the new laptop said it was not compatible. Of course we are both vaccinated. We would not go to a restaurant otherwise.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful to get out! I think everyone is a bit do

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay...that comment flew without warning...🥴

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that you were able to get out for a while. It's a shame about the new laptop. Maybe another one will work out for you. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice to go out to dinner! I guess we are all looking forward to going to some of our favorite places. Enjoy your Sunday afternoon! Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean about going out to dinner. Thursday was our 49th anniversary and we went out for dinner. It was the 1st time in over a year. We've only had our 1st vaccine but we did sit outside. The tables were about 10 feet apart. The temp was around 80 but there was lots of shade. We both said it was the nicest dinner out we can ever remember having. Probably because we've been in 'lock down' for so long. We will wait until after our 2nd vaccine before we try indoor dining but it makes us so hopeful to dine out. Patty McDonald in Southern CA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you had a wonderful date night. Hopefully that will be the start of more normal times again. The food looked fabulous...a real feast for the eyes as well as the tummy! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you were able to eat in a restaurant! We had to wait 15 minutes to get our meal at Dennys but it's worth the wait as they have delicious food and staff that we know for years! It was quite cold this a.m. but much better when we left for church. I need to get off the recliner, change from my skirt to my jeans and get a plant or two taken care of. I need to get some in bigger pots. Take care and have a blessed day and beyond!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eating out seems almost like a foreign concept anymore! So glad you were able to. You all eat fancy 😊 I'm not a big seafood lover but my daughter-in-law is and would have loved your meal.
    Hope you are having a good day. It's so cool and dreary here, not my favorite kind of weather!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI Kathy
    What a nice date night and the food looked delicious!!.... funny you mention a new computer, I just purchased last night a small not very expensive 11 inch what I thought was a laptop so I could use it just for my blog. It turned out it was nothing more than a tablet with a magnetic keyboard that if you even moved and inch it was falling off... I promptly went back to Office Depot this morning and returned it. I then went over to Walmart and they had a small 14 inch HP Laptop on sale for $219.00 so I grabbed it.. Its a decent little laptop that does what I need and not so big that it's too big for my small hands....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your food looks delicious...so glad you got to have a date. Hope you get the computer problems worked out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.