Thursday, February 14, 2019

THE CREEPING CRUD


First Joe got sick on Saturday.  Then on Sunday afternoon I began feeling unwell.  By Sunday evening it was a full blown cold with scratchy throat, fever, chills, stuffy nose, sneezing and coughing.  Joe is getting better.  I am not.

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and got some medication.  It works for some hours after I take it, but for several hours before my next dose I am feeling awful again.

Today I see a slight improvement.  This is the first day I actually got out of bed and into the shower.  Boy did I need it.  I feel like a human again, but a sick human.

It has been a nice Valentine's Day and Joe totally spoiled me, but I am too sick to tell you about it.  Give me a couple of days and I will be visiting you again and catching you up on things.

In the meantime I hope you all have a wonderful day today.

Kathy


9 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day to you and Joe. I hope you are feeling better soon. Take care, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are sick! Sounds like you had a good day today anyway and I look forward to hearing about it. Happy Valentine’s Day to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better, Kathy. Half the country is sick with this stuff. Glad that Joe is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you're sick. I empathize about the shower.Hope you feel better soon.Glad to hear that he's better.Can't wait to hear how he spoiled you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to read you and Joe are poorly, we've had the same thing going on here too, I've not had a cold in years, but the pair of us have something similar to what you and Joe are experiencing.
    Let's hope it passes soon, and those cookies look so delicious !
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy- I hope you are feeling much better by tonight. I am sorry that you have been so sick. This is that time of year when colds, etc., just hang on. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. The crud is going around like crazy where I work. And I wear a surgical mask all day and still got it...but in a milder form than you! Hope you are feeling better and can enjoy a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated V-Day wishes to you and Joe, Kathy, and sorry you are feeling so bad and couldn’t enjoy the day together. Sending well wishes and will look forward to reading about how you were spoiled.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.