Thursday, September 29, 2016

MARIANNE STORIES #38

As my friend Marianne found out, it's nice when people think you're a genius.

June 18
Two of my boys were volunteering at the Summer Reading Game table. They have volunteered for me for years. As I always do, I gave them the Word for the Day and told them to look it up in the dictionary. The word was obsequious. I came back 10 minutes later to find them still at the dictionary. 

"Did you guys look it up?" 

 "Yeah, Ms. B, but we didn't understand what it said." 

"You didn't understand? Why?" 

"Well, it used a word we don't know so we have to look that up." 

"Oh, I see. Might the word be fawn?" 

One of them said, "How did you know that?" The other replied, "Don't you know by now she knows everything? She IS the dictionary!" 

2 comments:

  1. Out of the mouths of children...they're always watching & listening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I love that story.:):) Kids are quick. I love to see them learn. Hope you are enjoying some cooler weather. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.