Saturday, September 17, 2016

IT'S BEEN A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

Joe and I wanted to do something special to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and that is exactly what happened.  It was so wonderful.

It started with Joe giving me a beautiful bouquet of red roses.  I was so surprised.


He bought me breakfast too.  And a beautiful silver necklace.  I love it.


We were both really tired and fell asleep after breakfast.  So we got a little later start than we had wanted to.  But we still had enough time to get to the show.  We were headed out to the Sight and Sound Theater in Strasburg, PA to see the show "Samson".  What we didn't count on was accidents closing roads and detours around construction.  So we were a little late showing up.  The show had already started.  Fortunately they were able to seat us after the first scene had finished.  So we missed the very beginning, but it really didn't matter.  The show was wonderful just as every show at Sight and Sound is.  And the end...  well let's just say you thought you were there.  It was fantastic!  I took these pictures from their website since you can't take pictures inside of the theater because of copyright laws.






 I cannot say enough wonderful things about Sight and Sound.  Their productions are always the best ever.  They have live animals at every show and the actors run up and down the aisles so the audience is part of the show.  The king of Philista was actually sitting almost next to me in one scene.  I could almost reach out and touch him.  And the stage is on three sides like an upside down "U" so you are surrounded by action all the time.  It really makes you feel as if you are in the scene itself.  Not to mention all the magnificent special effects.  Just going to this would have been enough.  But this was just the beginning.






 We went to Hershey Farm for dinner.  We had a coupon for a free smorgasbord so decided to use it.


 I finally got my cream of potato soup.  They were out of it when I was there for my sister's birthday.


After we ate we walked through the shops.  We got three loaves of bread for the dinner at church tomorrow -- white, honey wheat and raisin.  We also got a couple of Christmas gifts, some of my favorite peppermints and some tomatoes and apples.  I almost passed on the apples, but when I walked by they smelled so good that I went back and got them.  Then we headed over to the hotel.

We stayed at a new place -- La Quinta.  I have stayed at La Quinta in the south, but only recently have they come this far north.  When we got out of the car I noticed the beautiful sunset.  This picture doesn't do it justice.  It was gorgeous.  It looks as if we are under an awning, but that is the clouds.


We checked in and went to our room.  It was so nice.  And clean as could be.  That's a high priority with us.

Here's a picture of Joe with his keys.  He must have 50 keys on that key-ring, most of which he has no idea what they are for.  I always kid him about carrying around an extra 60 pounds of weight.


And here I am leaning against the headboard after I finally climbed into bed.  And believe me that was a job.  The bed was almost up to my waist.



You can tell we were having so much fun and just relaxing.  We needed this get away so badly!

We tried to sleep in but it was really noisy with people leaving in the morning so it woke me up around 8 a.m.  I lay there for a bit and did go back to sleep for a bit but I finally got up around 10 a.m.

It was a beautiful day today.


 After we got ready, we packed up and left.




We had missed the free breakfast, so we went to Rockvale Mall to find someplace to eat.  We ended up at a new place:  Rockvale Diner.


We didn't know what to expect but it was really good.  The service and food were both exceptional.  We are definitely going back next time we are in Lancaster.


After we ate we were going to go to a bunch of stores, but decided to go to just one.  Our favorite, Reading China and Glass.  We had fun looking around.  As I showed you last time there is so much to see.  As usual I bought more than I expected to.  We got some autumn placemats that are so pretty, a couple more Christmas gifts, and a gorgeous Christmas table runner that we can use at church for the Communion table.  We got some decaf tea K-cups for a great price and a few other things.  But the one thing I went for, some more of the popcorn I got there in July, wasn't anywhere to be found.

I did find these sodas that I had to take a picture of.  My brother Larry is a huge bacon fan so I had to show him this.


Bacon soda?  Really?  If you're not a bacon lover, how about pumpkin pie?  It is the season you know.


We were going to go try to get some flowers for church but we were tired and just wanted to go home, so we left.  It's not like we can't go out there another time.

It was good being away, but it was good being home again too.  Snowy ran to meet us.  I think she may have missed us.  We had gotten her a catnip sack and she loves it.  It was a good buy.

I was too tired to make dinner so we called out for Chinese.  Good move.

Now I have to print out the bulletins and go to bed.  I am beat.  And tomorrow is another big day.   Before the Installation Service for our new pastor, Joe and I are going to renew our vows!

Goodnight everyone!

Kathy

12 comments:

  1. You DID have such a wonderful celebration!!! You sure looked pretty in the pink outfit this morning! Joe is a treasure! Roses AND a necklace AND a weekend away!! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! Yes, Joe is a treasure for sure.

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy you had such a good time in my 'neck of the woods'! You've been to places I've never been....guess we just live too close to get there, haha!
    I do love outlet shopping at Rockvale and Tanger. Sounds like you got some good buys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are the same way here in Philly. We never go to see the Liberty Bell or Independence Hall or even the Betsy Ross House. It's all nearby, but somehow we take it for granted and never get there.

      Delete
  3. The show sounded great. Nothing like that around here. Glad you had a good time away for your 10th anniversary! Isn't it fun to have Snowy come and meet you? Ours would do that too. Enjoy your vow renewal. We did that at our 25th year. Special for sure! Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sight and Sound is one of a kind for sure. I hope you get to experience it someday. Our little Snowy cat gets lonely when we aren't there even though Aunt Carole comes over several times a day. We got married so late in life that we don't know if we will be here for 25 years. The pastor who married us moved away but is now back so we wanted him to be the one who renewed our vows and it just worked out that way.

      Delete
  4. What a celebration! The flowers & necklace are so pretty.The photo of the sky did appear to be a porch.Great shot! Love the room 'tour'.Looks comfy.Sounds like you really had a great time.Just being together & AWAY can be relaxing.Topping it off with renewing your vows...well,frosting on the cake!
    Glad all went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great being away and just relaxing. We didn't think about anything we "had to do" and that was great. The room was very nice. Except for that high bed. That was hard to deal with.

      Delete
  5. That's our kind of WEEKEND! Together, quiet, doing just what you feel like doing, and away from anything that might remind you of a chore or things on your do-it list.

    And about now, I think, you're probably saying your vows. What a blessed day!

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, Looks like you and Joe had a wonderful get away , eating out, theater, and comfy hotel room. So nice to have time to celebrate your years of being husband and wife. Blessings to you both, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, I had a good time reading all your posts from your weekend. Isn't Sight and Sound awesome? I have never seen Samson but I know that it was wonderful. Your roses that Joe got for you are lovely and so was your jewelry. I am glad that you had a good time shopping and eating in Lancaster. It makes me homesick to see the places we used to visit. Happy Anniversary and have a blessed life together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe bought the roses, necklace and paid for the hotel room. I bought the tickets to Samson as my gift to him! We'd rather see a show than have one more thing to hang around the house. Samson is new this year which is why you haven't seen it. Each show seems to get more elaborate. Thia was wonderful.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.