Monday, September 26, 2016

FIRST THE DOCTOR, THEN THE FUN


We don't see that here until sometime in November, but I do like to see the leaves change.  Only problem is they don't last long around here.  As soon as I see some pretty trees I will be taking pictures of them for you.

I had to take Joe to the doctor today for a check up.  He is doing good and that is definitely good news.  

While I was waiting for him to come out of the office I was working on my lesson for tomorrow's Bible study.  We are starting a new series on the 7 churches in Revelation.  I think it is going to be good.  I am using David Jeremiah's study instead of my usual Max Lucado study so it's going to be a different take on things but I hope one that will leave everyone with a lot more knowledge and encouragement.

After Joe was finished we headed to Petco to get cat litter and a pair of nail clippers for Snowy.  Snowy's nails are way overgrown.  She really needs her nails cut, but doesn't like anyone to touch her feet.  Joe was able to get one back paw done before she decided to pull away and dig her claws in the my arm (I was holding her).  I didn't get hurt, but we realized the nail cutting will have to be done a little at a time.  We are going to try to get the other back paw cut later tonight.



When we left Petco we headed to Target to get some ink for our printer.  We go through ink like crazy with all the printing we do for church.  But at least I get a 5% discount with my red card.  It's the cheapest ink I've found in a store.  While we were there you know I had to look around.  So many cool things.  I'm going to have to go back after I get paid.  But here's a few things I got today.


I love pretty tissue paper.  This was so cute.  So was the little "Give Thanks" plaque that I will put on my back door.  The cookies looked too good to pass up.  They were on sale too.  They will be dessert for dinner tonight.  And the candy corn is for Bible study tomorrow.  I love it too, so it will not go to waste.

We also got new pillows for our bed.  Our pillows were shot and these were only $7 each.  I know we will sleep a lot better on the new ones.

We were both hungry when we left Target.  So we headed for Chick-Fil-A.  It was nice to just sit in the booth, talk a little bit and enjoy each other's company.  Joe was getting strangely shaped fries in his lunch.  He was making faces and I was snapping pictures.  We laughed so hard that people were turning around and looking at us.  But we were having fun.


Joe said this one looked like rotini.  He asked if it was pasta or potato.  Ha, ha, ha!

Then he got a giant fry.  The others were half this size.  He was a happy man.
As we headed home we were saying to each other what a fun afternoon we had.  I love that I'm not working and we can spend more time together.  Now it's off to make dinner.  Hope you all have a good evening.

Kathy


Sunrise:  6:52 a.m.
Sunset:  6:50 p.m.
11 hours and 58 minutes of daylight
Temperature:  73*/65*






14 comments:

  1. Kathy, Those cute pictures of Joe cracked me up. I can only imagine you two laughing at lunch. Blessings to you both, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!
    What a blessing to be able to laugh and giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, Chick-Fil-A is by our Target too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours is about four blocks away but still nearby

      Delete
  4. Don't you just LOVE being married to a guy who is part BIG OLE KID and finds the fun in life!?
    And the hairdo on the lady right behind him mirrors the curl of the potato---what a fun photo bomb!

    I've just caught up on your doings of the past few days, for we were gone to Michigan for the weekend, quite unexpectedly, but it was one of the most fun, relaxing, happy outings we've ever had.

    Hope your busy week is happy too!

    r

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you had a good time in Michigan. It's always good to get away and relax.

      Delete
  5. You made it a fun day...being together is the best! Oh..and getting new pillows! How nice. Wish I had a target a little closer! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know all the things said about Target and I did stay away for quite awhile. But Target is my favorite store and there are some items they have that I can't get anywhere else. When I went to the Ladies Room, though, I had Joe stand outside. Just in case.

      Delete
  6. Those cookies look delicious - I will have to look for them at my Target! Loved visiting here today and will follow along to stay in touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Carrie. I will hop on over to your blog too to check it out. Those cookies were really good. Well, there's two left. ;)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.