Thursday, January 15, 2015

THROWBACK THURSDAY

And so life goes on in my household.  Nothing really happening.  Just day to day life -- get up, work, make dinner, bed.  I'm looking forward to a three day weekend, though.  So in order for you not to be too bored with this blog, I am doing a Throwback Thursday for you.

Here is a picture that I found on Old Images of Philadelphia.  The year is 1923 and the beginning of a new bridge spanning the Delaware River between Philadelphia and Camden, New Jersey is just starting to be built.


It was originally called the Delaware River Bridge, but is known now as the Benjamin Franklin Bridge.  I see it all the time driving on I-95 (which runs along the river's edge) and use it when I am coming back from the New Jersey shore.



It must have been a marvel in its day.  Thanks for taking a look back with me.  Hopefully I'll find something to write about soon!

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. I think it is the time of the year....Christmas and New Years over, and now we wait on spring. Interesting about the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a bridge out of North Bend, OR that was quite the bridge in its time, McCullough bridge, cantilevered. Quite nice!! Lots of money back then but now a days it would be much more! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.