Friday, October 29, 2010

Polish Heritage Day

Yesterday was Polish Heritage Day at the library where I work.  I've been there for just a little over a year and so this was the second one I've been at.  Even though I am not Polish, I really enjoyed it.  We had a group of dancers who introduced us to some Polish history as well as singing songs in Polish.  They also did some dances and then taught them to the audience, getting a lot of people up to participate.  Everyone seemed to have a great time.

During the day the staff in the Children's Department told Polish folk tales and did Polish crafts with the kids.  And there was music and snacks (can you say kielbaska?) all day.

Of course, I forgot to bring my camera.  I thought of it.  I reminded myself.  And there it sat on my piano.  Oh well.  There were lots of pictures taken by others and hopefully I can get some copies of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.