Saturday, November 22, 2014

FINALLY A FREE SATURDAY AND WHAT DID I DO?

I slept.  And slept.  I had (have) so much to do and I am so exhausted.  I don't seem to ever get enough sleep.  And it will only get worse because it's only 5 days until Thanksgiving.


And then comes Christmas.  I'm really not ready for that.  I just said to Joe that we have to start Christmas shopping soon!

Even though it was my day off, I went to work for an hour today.  I got the desk space prepared for our new Library Assistant coming on Monday.  Bob was in the workroom and helped me.  Everyone was coming up to me with problems and I kept saying, "I'm not really here.  Ignore me."  That will teach me to go in.  But I feel so much better that things will go smoothly on Monday.  I even gave them their new work assignments that I had put together when I was at Fishtown yesterday.  It's nice that our computer system allows us to do things at one branch, save it to our hard drive, and it's waiting for us at our home branch when we go back.

So when I came home I was all set to get some things done around the house.  I sat down on the sofa and immediately fell asleep SITTING UP!  I slept for about an hour and a half.  I may have needed the sleep, but nothing is getting done around the house!

Tomorrow is our Pie and Praise service at church.  I put my name down to bring a sugar-free pie.  So that is one thing I want to do tonight before I go to bed.  I have all the ingredients to do a pumpkin pie.  It should be pretty easy and then I won't have to worry about it tomorrow.  

I always enjoy the Pie and Praise.  I was looking back on my previous Pie and Praise posts.  The first year it was held was 2009 and it was on a Wednesday night.  I had to work, so didn't get there.  The second one in 2010 was when I was so sick (right before my surgery) and I couldn't eat anything.  The third year I missed most of it because there weren't enough pies and I ran to the store to buy some more.  Finally the last two years I actually got to attend the entire thing.

Can you believe that...


After last winter I don't know how welcoming I will be.  Even though I am a winter baby, winter is my least favorite season.  I told my co-workers that there should be 3 months of spring, 6 months of summer, and 3 months of fall.  That would be perfect for me.  I think I need to move south.

Gotta run and make my pie.  I'll be posting pictures of Pie and Praise either tomorrow or Monday.

Kathy
--------------------------------------
Saturday's weather
Partly sunny
High:  45 degrees
Low:  37 degrees
Sunrise:  6:54 a.m.
Sunset:  4:40 p.m.
9 hours and 46 minutes of daylight  

2 comments:

  1. Love the winter scene! I empathize with how you feel about winter,that's how I feel about summer. And
    I'm a summer baby! Go figure. Guess that's why God gives a little of everything. Pie & Praise sounds delicious.Hope everyone gets their favorite.
    Enjoy the nap for what it is....a time to rest & refresh yourself. You must have needed it.Things will get done .Your health is more important.Enjoy the pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, Wishing you and Joe a great thanksgiving. It did seem to come fast. It's this year that is in full gear. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.