Sunday, March 8, 2015


Did everyone remember to change their clocks?  I always have trouble adjusting to the time change.  It's fine at night, but the mornings are awful.

At least I am off from work tomorrow.  I have a doctor's appointment at 2 p.m. right in the middle of the day.  I am hoping to get some answers to what is going on with me.

This morning's message at church was awesome!  I couldn't take notes fast enough.  When it goes up on our website I will give you the link to listen to it.  We are nearing the end of our study in Genesis and this week we were in chapter 45.  I have so loved this study we've been on for the past two years and I'm going to miss it when we are finished.  I hope we go on to Exodus because that's a really interesting book.

During the service it was mentioned that the mother of one of our attenders had died this past week and the funeral was at 5:00 p.m. today.  Several of us got the information after church and when I went home I told Joe and we decided to go to support Peter.  We knew Peter was of Korean descent but what we didn't know was that the entire service was in Korean.  We got the idea when we signed the guest book and the other people had written then names and addresses in Korean and then we were handed the program also in Korean.  Even the songs were in Korean.

This was the last hymn that was sung which happened to be "In the Sweet By and By".  Since I knew the words I was singing along in English.  There was such a sweet spirit there and in spite of not understanding a word that was said you could feel the Holy Spirit.  I felt extremely privileged to be there.  It took me out of my comfort zone and made me realize how people all over the world worship God.  I wasn't going to go, but I was so glad I did.

We stopped at Shop Rite on the way home and I got a rotisserie chicken for dinner because it was getting late by now.  I had left over stuffing and left over cranberries, so we had a good dinner.

We still do not have a working phone downstairs.  It has been out since Thursday when Joe had his fall and the vase of flowers hit the jack.  I called the phone company on my cell phone when I got home from work on Thursday and discovered it wasn't working.  I told them that I had a disabled husband and we needed a phone.  (In the beginning neither phone worked.)  They sent a restart from their end and the upstairs phone began to work.  But the downstairs phone keeps saying there is no line available.  I was told someone would be there on Saturday.

Saturday Joe got up to make sure he was downstairs to answer the door when they came.  But they never showed up.  I called at 6:30 p.m. when I got home from work and they said they had never had us scheduled for Saturday, they had us scheduled for Wednesday.  I told them they did and I had a text message to prove it.  I finally got to talk with a supervisor who said someone would be out on Monday.  Today I get a message on my cell phone saying they would be out on Wednesday.  When I called Verizon they said they would be out on Monday between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.  This is getting ridiculous!  Is it too much to ask to have a working telephone?

I have to end.  It's very late and I have to get up fairly early tomorrow to get things done before I go to the doctor's office.  Have a nice night everyone.

Sunday weather:
High:  48 degrees
Low:  27 degrees
It's getting warmer and warmer.  Yay!!!
Sunrise:  7:23 a.m.
Sunset:  6:59 p.m.
11 hours and 36 minutes of daylight


  1. Sounds like it was a nice service. Getting out of our comfort zone can sometimes be a blessing. I cannot believe the trouble you are having with the phone company. Even telling them a disabled person was there.Really? And with a supervisor no less! It's a sad commentary on people not caring. It hurts my heart.
    I will be praying for you with your appointment. Hopefully you will get some kind of answers.

  2. Hi Kathy, I don't always remember to adjust my clock, but for a change, this weekend I did.

    I'm also surprised at how unprofessional they were at the phone company. I hope they really do show up today to fix your phone. I'm also wishing that the rest of your week turns out better... :)

  3. Interesting service and glad you went and felt blessed by God's presence. We were at a memorial service this weekend at our church for John who just was a great guy. It was hard to see men cry! Lorrie, his wife, is a sweetheart of a friend as well. It is still hard for me to go to memorial services since my mom died. But it gets a bit easier. Hope you get your phone issue taken care of. Not good that the company is giving you the run around! Hugs and get to feeling better! God bless!


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. I often reply to your comments, so feel free to check back.