Monday, January 5, 2015

THE WEEKEND

After a nice New Year's Day it was back to work on Friday.  I started by making myself a wonderful mug of English Breakfast tea.


Unfortunately, I forgot I have to wait an hour after I take my morning medication until I can eat or drink.  So I poured it into my thermos and took it to work with me.  It was still good, but I really wanted to sit in my sunny kitchen enjoying it.  I have to remember to take my medicine as soon as I get up in the morning.

I was at the Fishtown Branch on Friday along with six other Library Assistants.  Since they are open only seven hours, we each got one turn on the front desk.  The rest of the day I basically just sat there and read.  It was so boring.  I did do some route ins and some shelving, but there were so many of us that there just wasn't anything to do!

Saturday was a really down time day.  I think the holidays have finally caught up with me.  I had recorded five Hallmark Christmas movies but hadn't had time to watch them.  I ended up laying on the sofa and watching four of them on Saturday and one on Sunday.  I absolutely enjoyed each and every one of them.  Ah... but Christmas is really over now.

I'm starting to put the Christmas away and get out my snowmen.  I found this pillow that I bought years ago and never used.  It's on the sofa now.  I think it's really cute.  For me January is the month for snowmen.


  Sunday of course was church in the morning and then I just hung out during the afternoon.  I felt so lazy, but I think I just needed to have a weekend to do nothing.  I'm feeling so much better since then.

8:30 a.m.
I have had an idea for quite awhile to take a picture of the sun at the same time each day and see how it changed.  Originally I was going to do it at 8:30 p.m., but found that did not work out too well because of my work or I was eating dinner and forgot.  So I started doing it at 8:30 a.m.  I didn't do it on New Year's Day (forgot) but I started on the 2nd.  Let's see if I can do this for a month.  Here are the 8:30 a.m. pictures for the second and the third of January.



Quite a difference, huh?  It was my brother Larry's birthday on Saturday.  We were going to go out for dinner, but the weather was awful.  So we are planning it for this week.  Hopefully it will be better.

It's very late so I have to head to bed so that I can get up for work tomorrow.  Until later...

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. What's the saying? What a difference a day makes? Seems it's true. hubby & I agree that the holidays catch up with you & you just need an 'off' day. He was off work yesterday & enjoyed watching cartoons.
    Hope your day at work goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, once Christmas is over, it seems so blah. January is a month that is usually dismal and grey and I am always glad when it is over. A bitter cold wave has come our way and all I want to do is stay in and stay warm. Hope you have good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bundle up and stay warm, Kathy, it is so darn cold! Happy Birthday to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I take a tummy med first thing in the morning and have to wait 1/2 hour to eat . I love your cute coffee mug. . I love to try to take photos of the way I Iook towards our town. Take care stay healthy. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy...
    Happy New Year to you!!
    I love a good cup of tea ,too! But...always accompanied by one of my tasty fruit loaves! hahaha!
    enjoy your week...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like having snowmen out for Jan. too! And I love your pretty mug. Happy Birthday to your brother! Stay warm this week. Bundle up! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.