Friday, November 28, 2014


I had such a wonderful day today.  For one thing I got to sleep in today.  I woke up when I woke up and that was very nice.  I stayed in my pjs for the whole morning which is very unusual for me.  I got some cleaning done, but since I got up so late not much else.

It seems like I never have enough time to accomplish what I want to.  I didn't even get all my autumn things displayed this year.  And now it's a little late to do so.  Well, there's always next year.

I love my Thanksgiving Cherished Teddy.  But this weekend he goes away and my Christmas ones come out.

I know there is still some Fall left, so I'm going to make this an easy transition on myself.  But hopefully by the time my sister visits in two weeks my house will be Christmasy.

This turkey looks like he's floating in air, but he's really on the stove.  Here's one last look at Fall.

Joe and I went to dinner tonight at the King George II Inn in Bristol, PA.  It has been a continuously running restaurant and inn since 1681.  Yes, you read that right.  Over 300 years.  We love going there, but since the price is a bit high we usually get there only once or twice a year.  I am on their mailing list and as soon as I got their email about Thanksgiving, Joe called and got us a reservation.  He said we were the third reservation in their book, so you know he was right on it.

When we drove up, a valet came right out to park our car for us.  They even opened the doors for us and helped us out.  Then one of them opened the door to the restaurant and escorted us into the building.  Wow!  Joe and I walked around the waiting people and went to the reservation desk.  We were about 15 minutes early but our table was ready and waiting for us.

I have never had service like what we had there.  We had three people waiting on us.  The waitress took our order, one young man bussed our table as he walked by.  He was continually walking up and down the room and removing used plates.  The other young man had a pitcher of ice water and continually filled our glasses.

We both got butternut squash soup with crispy apple sticks in it.  So good.  I could have made a meal just out of the soup.  Then Joe had lamb t-bone steaks with roasted root vegetables and brussels sprouts.  I opted for dark meat turkey with gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, homemade cranberry relish and green beans and baby carrots.  It was all so good and there was so much food that I couldn't eat it all.  I brought it home and finished it up about 4 hours later.  I just had a cup of tea afterwards, but Joe got rum raisin bread pudding with creme anglise.  He said it was wonderful.

You know we had to walk around a little bit after that.  And I wanted to get some pictures.

Here is the gigantic tree they always have next to the Inn.  I overheard a waitress saying the lighting is tomorrow night.

All of the street lights have these beautiful wreaths on them.

It was about 4:15 p.m. and the sun was just beginning to set.  I got some great shots of the Delaware River with New Jersey in the background.  The first one is my favorite although I think they all turned out wonderfully.

We headed back to the front of the restaurant and while we were waiting for the valet to bring around our car I took these pictures of us.

On the way home I missed the turn to get onto I-95, so just took Bristol Pike into Philadelphia.  There was almost no traffic and it was a really nice, relaxing ride home.  We watched the sunset.  I wish I had been able to take a picture of it.  The clouds were purple, pink and gold.  So beautiful!  I don't think I'll ever forget how beautiful it was.

It was a perfect day -- relaxing and fun.  Now it's back to work tomorrow.  At least I'm not working on Saturday.  I'll attack the house then.



  1. Kathy..that was a wonderful post for a wonderful day. When we left about 2pm to go to my daughters home..the usually busy streets were nearly empty! I was overjoyed at the sight of those streets the way they used to look 40 years ago. It was wonderful. Seeing all the Christmas decoration up and the stores all ready for Christmas..was neat. I haven't been out and about so it was great. My daughter and her family drove 8 hours to San Francisco the day before Thanksgiving to spend it with my granddaughter who could not come home. I missed them..but I would have done the same thing.
    They also had dinner out with reservations made many weeks ago. I am anxious to see how things went..San Francisco is a busy, busy place.
    I got my Autumn decorations out a month late they all come down tomorrow. :)
    Love and hugs to you on this lovely day!

  2. Great photos! I prefer the 3rd one,the sky is so unique. It warms my heart that you & Joe were able to enjoy such a relaxing day.Just being able to wake when you wake is a total pleasure! The meal sounds
    delicious but being so waited on puts the cherry on top. It's Black Friday & I'm working.Hubby Russ will be home decorating the front window & door. He prefer I not be home as he pulls stuff all over till he selects what he wants. Guess I'm better off at work.Ha ha!
    Happy day-after!

  3. Perfect day Kathy!
    Linda :o)

  4. Glad you had a nice thanksgiving. Your meal sounds delicious. We were at home with our children. Will post photos soon. Hugs!


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. I often reply to your comments, so feel free to check back.