Friday, December 17, 2010

Not Every Day is a Good One

Today was not a good day for me.  I have a lot of pain in my liver.  It got so bad I ended up taking a Tramadol which I haven't done for almost two weeks.  I ended up going back to sleep.  It took the edge off for awhile, but the pain is still there.

I have been out of it all day.  I have just laid around and didn't do anything.  Have I been trying to do too much?  Actually, if I had another type of job I would have been sent back to work by now.  I don't know how people can do it.  I still have stitches.  Is it me?

Then tonight Joe was at the store when the UPS driver delivered two big boxes.  I had him slip them into the house, but I couldn't close the front door.  So I picked them up and put them on the chair.  They were heavy even though I lifted them one at a time.  Almost immediately I got dizzy and nauseous.  I got myself to the sofa and laid down until Joe got home.  He got me a Compazine and in half an hour I was feeling OK.  Don't know what happened there.

One good thing, two of the steri-strips fell off today.  That's such a relief.  The skin is all blistered from the adhesive, so now I can start treating it.  The scar is so little and you can see the teeny, tiny stiches that were used.  A 3/4 inch scar has 4 stitches in it.  The surgeon should be making quilts, her sewing is so good!

4 comments:

  1. Kathy,Horray!! Celebrate the steri-strips comming off! That is something great.
    As for overdoing,only you can answer that.I think anyone who is having a "good" day may overdo.It happens.However,God is very generous with giving us His strength.Rest in his guidence & healing & I will pray for you to feel better soon.
    Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should have told you to not pick up anything over a couple of pounds if that for the first three months. Just because you are healing outside, doesn't mean you are healing inside. You could cause adhesions so please, please do not pick up anything. Now listen to Dr. Cherdecor. Hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, both of you. I was told I could not lift more than 10 lbs. the first 2 weeks and then 20 lbs. the next 2 weeks. It will be 8 weeks until I can go back to work where I have to lift 40-50 lbs. at a time. The doctor said that I could do that in 8 weeks time. The boxes were not over 20 lbs. I think I may have a stomach virus. My stomach has been gurgling and that's usually a sign with me that there's a virus going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I was really sick all day today, hence no post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.