Wednesday, December 29, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

Today is my birthday.  I turned 57 today.  It is hard to believe I am that old because I feel as if I am still 16.  I decided to take it easy today and that is just what I did.  I watched some TV, took a nap and read some of my library book.  A few of my friends called me and Debbie even sang to me so that was nice.

Joe gave me two sweatshirts, one black with sparkley snowmen and says "My heart melts for you" and a gray one with cardinals and fir trees.  He also got me a paint set and a DVD of "Beauty and the Beast."  I love Disney animated movies and I am trying to replace all my VHS tapes with DVDs.

We went to see Joe's dad at the rehab center this afternoon.  He looks great.  His color is good, he was laughing, smiling, talking.  He was in the dining room when we got there, so it wasn't as if he was even in bed.  That was good to see.

Joe got me Chinese Egg Drop Soup for dinner.  It was so good.  For dessert I got a slice of cheesecake.  I am taking my chances eating the cheese, but I figure I'm home, so who cares.  I wouldn't eat it out in public though.  There were two pieces.  Joe stuck a candle in each piece and lit them.  After I blew them out he took one of the pieces.  But the way I figure it I got two wishes since there were two pieces and two candles.  Ha,ha!

My two slices of cake.

Getting ready to blow out the candles.

One of the shirts Joe gave me.

1 comment:

  1. RATS! I missed your birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day. I would choose cheesecake any day!

    Your sweatshirt is lovely! Joe has good taste!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.