Sunday, December 19, 2010

Going to the Farm While Sick is Not a Good Idea

Yesterday was our farm pick up day.  Before I left I was a little sick to my stomach, but didn't want to take medicine because I was afraid I would fall asleep and I thought I was going to drive.  It ended up that Joe drove and we were only half way there when I started feeling as if I were going to throw up.  We stopped for gas and I rolled down the window to get fresh air and felt a little better.  When we got to the farm I was really sick.  Walking around in the fresh air helped some, but not a lot.  They were having a craft show there and Joe bought some handmade soap.  Everyone wanted me to smell it, but the scents just made me feel sicker.

We got a lot of good stuff though.  We got Amish butter, a piece of brie cheese, a half gallon of milk in a glass bottle (a blast from the past) which we have to return next time, 2 lbs of onions, 2 lbs of apples, 2 lbs of potatoes, kale, a bag of cranberries and a small chicken.  I'm trying to figure out what to do with the cranberries.  I've never used fresh cranberries before.  I'm thinking of making a sugar-free apple and cranberry pie for Joe for Christmas.

Next we had to stop at the library to return a couple of books I had finished with.  I stayed in the car and Joe went in.  He was inside a long time.  I kept getting sicker and sicker.  When he finally came out, Donna (the Library Assistant 2) was with him to see me.  It was so good to see her again.  I do miss the people I work with.  Joe said everyone was asking for me and wanting to know how I was doing, etc.

Our last stop was at my friend Debbie's house because we were going to exchange gifts.  I was too sick to go in.  Joe went to the door and just handed in our bag and got hers.

When we got home I ran into the house, took my Compazine and laid down.  In half an hour it was as if someone had switched off the nausea and I felt fine.  I have learned my lesson and will take it before I go out next time.  I suffered needlessly for 3 hours.

Today I felt so much better and even went to church.  It was good to be there.  We sang Christmas carols and had a message on the Magi.  Even so, it doesn't feel like Christmas at all.

The wreath I made for the front door the day I came home from the hospital.  The "berries" are gold jinglebells.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.