Friday, January 22, 2021

GROCERY HAUL


 Hello, friends!  I hope you had a great day today.  It was sunny, but rather cold.  Well, it is January so I suppose being cold is part of the picture.  I started a grocery list thinking we needed just a few things but it grew to a huge proportion.  So yesterday I put my order in to Shoprite online and Joe and I went and picked it up this afternoon.  Let me show you what I got.

We are both trying to lose weight.  Joe is doing much better at it than I am.  So we decided to get a lot of healthy fruits and vegetables this week.  We got seedless grapes, halo mandarine oranges and red delicious apples.  I am very happy with the choices they picked out for us.  Everything is just what I would have chosen.

I got some chicken tenders to make lemon chicken.  We haven't had that in a long time.  I got some lactose free milk, frozen french fries, low salt bacon, salmon filets, ground beef, honey sausage, and stewing beef.  I have lots of ideas for dinners.


More fruit.  This time it's bananas.  I went to get a can of tomato soup the other day and found we had none.  So I got three cans of that.  I have to have another test soon so three cans of chicken broth.  This way I know I have it in the house.  I also got some apple pie filling.  I have used it before and it's really good.


I got pretzel sticks for our snack.  It's low fat.  I also got a bottle of olive oil, a bottle of vegetable oil, a box of instant potatoes, a bag of treats for Jack, paper plates, and a refill for our air freshener that we have in the bathroom.


Carrying on with the healthy theme, I got an apple and cheddar salad kit and two Asian salad kits.  These are salads that we both like a lot.  I also got some iceberg lettuce and carrots and a bag of baby spinach.  I have some grape tomatoes in the refrigerator so putting these together I get another two salads.  I also got some eggs.  I get eggs every time I go to the store.  We go through them so quickly.


J

Jack came by to see what I was doing.  He's such a nosy boy.  But a good one.



From the deli I got lactose-free American cheese, Virginia ham, Swiss cheese and bologna.  I also got a broccoli crown and some asparagus.


After we left Shoprite, we headed to Target.  Joe had to pick up some medication there.  While he was there, he got a few things.  A loaf of bread, a gallon of Turkey Hill sweet tea (my favorite), two boxes of penne pasta, three jars of marinara sauce and three bags of mozzarella cheese.  He is going to make a penne pasta dish and wanted to have everything in the house.


That's the haul for this week.  Hope you enjoyed seeing it.  Now it's time for me to go make dinner.  Hope you all have a good evening.

Until later...
Kathy



15 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. Looks like you have lots of delicious and healthy things for the coming week. I hope you and Joe have a good weekend, and I will see you again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great food choices!! Do you make up menus ahead of time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you have a great start on healthy eating for the week. I need to do some shopping this weekend and get some of that healthy stuff, too. What did you end up making for supper? I made a big pot of vegetable beef soup and simmered it all afternoon. No recipe, I just tossed in what I had around the house. It smelled so good and tasted even better on a cold day like today was. I'm glad I made the big pot so we can eat leftovers tomorrow or Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ended up stopping at McDonald's on the way home.

      Delete
  4. I can't seem to lose weight in the winter. It's so cold, so there is lots of eating going on. Jack is the cutest little boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way. I'm cold so I eat hot things to warm up. Thanks for commenting, but please let me know who you are.

      Delete
  5. What a haul! Those salad kits sound interesting. Didn't know those flavors were
    out there. Handsome photo of Jack! So dashing! Stay warm today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The salad kits have been around for years. I thought you were with me when I bought some awhile back. Oh well. There are many different kinds. I like the pear and gorgonzola too.

      Delete
  6. Hi Kathy, it looks like you had a big shopping list... all of the food that you bought looks good though. I made homemade pizza last night, using the pizza dough from Trader Joes. It is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Trader Joe's, but the nearest one is about 30 minutes away. So I have been there only once.

      Delete
  7. You did good! Jack was checking to be sure you hadn't forgotten him in your grocery haul ☺ I did curbside at Weis and BJ's this week and will do another one at Wegman's tomorrow. We are always in need of something!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was quite a haul. I have my groceries delivered quite often. It makes life easier for me. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a good shopping spree! I've never used the online shopping but it's a good thing for many folks to stay safe in the car and not mix in the store. I just like picking out my own produce and don't mind the walk around the store for those things that end up in the cart that aren't on the healthy side..bad me! I do make a menu out and rarely need to make a run to the store during the week. Men do seem to lose much easier and quicker than us gals! Makes it very frustrating! Have a good week Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pass me a handful of those delicious looking grapes, PLEASE! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love the prices and service at pick up at Walmart-not my favorite store-but during Covid is a life saver. My family delivered my food for months until I discovered how easy this is...no complaints...I haven't been in a grocery since last March as I continue to isolate...I have had one shot...and soon the second one...still have to be careful but will move from Indy to Florida...sharing time between both families...31st move...new apartment...love your blog especially about the older magazines you read...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.