Tuesday, January 5, 2021

CHRISTMAS CAT SOCKS



Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a wonderful day.  I have been having quite a time with this post.  I accidentally changed the settings and I couldn't figure out how to get it back to where I wanted it to be.  So I had a lot of this post started and then ended up deleting everything in frustration.  I know what I did now, so I won't have this problem again.  I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out, but this time I was stumped!

So how has 2021 been treating you so far?  I have great hope for this year.  I look at my calendar pages all clean and blank and think about all the things that may happen on those beautiful days before us.  So far the only things I have written on the pages are doctor appointments.  But even those are good things.  We are so fortunate to live in a place where we can get medical help.  So many do not have this option.

And this pandemic will not last forever.  I heard on TV the other day a newscaster say that just like we had the Spanish Flu in 1918...
Google image

...we will bounce back with the Roaring Twenties.
Google image

I don't know about that, but I feel 2021 will be a better year than the last one.

When I was cleaning up the other day I found my 15 days of cat socks calendar.  I had forgotten all about it.  So I have started opening the doors and getting my cat socks even though Advent and Christmas are over.  Is there a bad time to get cat socks?  Here are the first three pair.  I will show them to you every few days until all 15 are done.


The door for day one says, "Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree.  Your ornaments are history."  I can see Jack saying that.  We have not had a Christmas tree since we got him.  Maybe next year.  I wonder how he will react.


And here are the socks.  Green with white cats playing with ribbons and Christmas lights.



Day two's door says, "To err is human.  Cats are never wrong."  So true in Jack's mind.


The socks are navy with gold and white cats on them.  So cute!



Last night I opened door number 3.  It says, "I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy."  I had to laugh.  My first cat, Fluffy, was a huge fluffy cat.  She was part Norweigan Forest Cat which can grow to be the size of a small dog.  And she was.  Whenever someone said she was fat, I would say, "She's not fat, she's fluffy."  In fact, a lady I worked with gave me a refrigerator magnet with that written on it.


I'm wearing these socks today.  They are hot pink with black and gray tiger striped cats on them.  There are some white snowflakes here and there too.



It may seem as if I am describing these in a lot of detail, but I have several readers who have sight problems and I hope by my descriptions it makes it easier for them to enjoy my blog.

I open the sock calendar after dinner and see what socks I will be wearing the next day.  It's so fun. 

The day is beginning and I have a lot to do.  Thank you for stopping by.  Have a wonderful, if cold, day.  Try to stay warm!

Until later...
Kathy




30 comments:

  1. Those are really cute. Have fun opening them each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooohhhhh I love your cat socks! I like the hot pink ones! Can I borrow those? Have a good day! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wearing those today, but maybe if you are good, I will let you borrow them after I wash them. I want them back though. Ha, ha!

      Delete
  3. HI Kathy! I'm a new reader and I just wanted to say that your cat socks are so sweet! I owned a kitten for about 2 hours once but she freaked me out by jumping at me all the time! I quickly gave her back! Have a beautiful day!
    Miss Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you will stop by again.

      Delete
  4. I love your socks Kathy and isn't is great to have a new and fun pair to put on each day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm more of a dog person but we did have a cat for 14 years. Squeak was a character but she never bothered the tree. She just liked to sleep under it! Your socks are cute and will give you something fun to wear this January and extend the holidays a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy, I'm a rather new reader and just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog. I am also a neighbor of sorts as I live in Bucks County! Love your socks! Stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy, I too am rather new to your blog. I just love reading it. I am also a neighbor of sorts as I live in Bucks County. Love your �� socks! Si cute! Stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Jean. Do glad you are here. Bucks county is really close to me. I live in Northeast Philly.

      Delete
  8. HAHA...I have an issue with socks, I like buying them! I actually cleaned out the sock drawer a couple months ago and it had to expand to two drawers. I love my cat socks! And my dog socks! And my colorful socks! I used to try and match my socks to whatever color I was wearing, but wearing boots this time of yr, I don't even do that anymore. Hoping that 2021 is a better year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny. My husband loves socks too. He could easily fill two or three drawers.

      Delete
  9. Our calendar pages are clean......only have the 17th marked that Trystan, Kailey and Logan will come home from church with us and spend the night. And on the 18th we will all go to dinner at Red Lobster to celebrate Mike's 39th birthday. Then on the 19th we will go down to the ranch!
    Love your socks!!! That's such a fun kind of calendar!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a full weekend. You will have a great time though.

      Delete
  10. Those socks are so cute! I love them. Finally got the Christmas Card from you and Joe today. Wow - sure took a long time. The post office is sure slow this year. Glad your New Year is going good. See you again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got the card. I'm surprised it took so long though. I have a friend just a few miles away who still hasn't gotten hers.

      Delete
  11. I'll be eager for the black cat day and the calico cat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The socks are ADORABLE! I can honestly say I can't pick a favorite. I agree,stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, I LOVE your socks and the cat calendars. I miss not having a cat. Not able to where we live. But before we retired and moved we always had cats.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your cat socks!! Will need to be on the lookout for something like that for Ellen next year. She is such a cat lover.
    Hope you are having a good day, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them at Target. There were all different kinds of sock calendars. I liked the cats best because I can wear them all year.

      Delete
  15. I look forward to seeing your cat socks each year! The pictures and captions of the cats are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cozy cat socks you have. Photos of cats before you showed the socks were fun to read!!! We still have our fake tree up til this weekend. It has been a dry day today so I went outdoors and picked up birch tree limbs and put into yard debris bin. I wanted to last week but it was raining too much that week. It was cool enough that I could see my breath though which is good though. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your socks look like they are fun to wear. Enjoy them. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.