Wednesday, September 9, 2020

GROCERY HAUL


 Hope you have all had a wonderful Wednesday!  It was a busy one for me.  Right after breakfast I went out in the yard to get rid of some more weeds that are choking out my rosebushes.  It turned out to be two good sized trees.  I have all the branches cut off and the trunk cut down some but I have a lot more to do.  It looks so much better though.

As soon as I got inside I put a load of dishes in the dishwasher and then jumped into the shower.  I was wearing a long-sleeved top, jeans and thick socks and I was still all bitten up by the mosquitos.  They are much worse this year than I can remember them being in a long time.  And it's not even that there is still water sitting around.  Or high grass.  I cut that yesterday.  I can't find any "Off" or other insect repellent so I am going it on my own.  I did put on some anti-itch cream and that and the shower helped so much.

This afternoon I worked on cleaning up the living room.  It is so messy.  I don't see the difference yet, but the fact that I have a lot of filing to do and threw out a big bag of recycling shows that I am getting something done.  I think I can continue working on the pile of stuff on the coffee table tomorrow.  Paper isn't that heavy one sheet at a time.  Joe will just have to carry the bag out to the recycle bin for me.

Tomorrow morning I am having the biopsy to see what the lump I found is.  None of my doctors are concerned about it, so I'm not either.  They all seem to think it is just scar tissue.  But I have to get up early, take my medicine and have a "light" breakfast.  Not sure exactly what that is, but I'm thinking toast and tea sounds good.  I won't be able to lift or stretch for a few days so Joe will have to take care of me.  I already told him I want to call out for dinner tomorrow.

But today I thought I would show you the grocery haul from last week.  I can't believe a week has gone by already.  Let me show you what I got.

Napkins and trash bags.  I was out of both.  I also got a 12 pack of toilet paper but I had put it away before I got a picture of it.


Paper plates, quart sized bags and two Halloween coloring books.  I use up the bags quickly because I buy family packs of meat and then split it up to freeze it.  The coloring books are for the great-grands.  They were only $1 each and I thought they would like them.


Of course I couldn't forget Jack.  He was completely out of canned food.  Now he is stocked up for awhile.  I also got him his favorite treats.  He has been gobbling them up.


Brown sugar and honey sausage, ground beef (I used that for stuffed peppers), low salt bacon, and the spare ribs I had for September 1st.


Potato salad, pepper ham, peppers, flounder, pierogies and Nathan's franks.  Just about all of this is gone.


Brioche hot dog buns (so good!) and plain bagels.



Finally, shredded mozzarella cheese, frozen fries and a wonderful sweet potato pie.

I also got a case of water, but didn't photo that.

I found that going once a month was good, but it is no longer an option for me.  It takes too long to get around the store and stand in line when there is a huge list.  My legs just won't take it.  I am in too much pain.  So I am now going every two to three weeks.  Whenever the list on my fridge is full, I go.

I got out my first pumpkin decoration today.  I am excited to decorate for fall, but I don't want to rush the season.  It is still hot here and technically it is still summer.  So it will happen little by little.  I will be showing you all my decorating very soon.

I have to go get the laundry done before it gets too late.  I know I won't be able to do it tomorrow so tonight it is.  Thanks for visiting and I will be talking to you soon.


Kathy





8 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, I hope the biopsy goes well and that you recover quickly. You will be in my prayers. Looks like you are well stocked with food and supplies.
    See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really got stocked up! I feel the same about how quickly you can fill a cart! My pet food alone (2 dogs,wet & dry,& one cat) can become heavy! Even using a cart to tote it home. I hope your biopsy goes well with nothing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work in and outside your house! There are signs of Fall here in Lancaster County too. God bless you as you have your biopsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you like the sweet potato fries that are frozen. They are very good. And I hope your apt goes well and you find out about the lump. Take care of yourself! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing your projects just as I am doing mine. A bit here and a bit there. Eventually, it'll get done. Wouldn't it be lovely if the pantry and fridge would remain stocked. I had to chuckle over your comments, "It's gone now." Will be thinking of you today and believing for a good report. Hope you order something yummy for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always something to clean up, especially in these days of families staying home together :)
    Your grocery haul looks delicious, I'll take the pie please !
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you thought of ordering the paper goods and canned goods online to be picked up or delivered, and then you only have to go in person for the meat, produce and frozen? Just a thought. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mosquito bites are no fun. I've made my own big off spray with essential oils. It works and better than sprays. I've had bush fly by me and not bite me. No lie!! Hope your test comes out good. I watered my potted plants this eve. Smelly Smokey air still but somewhat better. Thankfully. I need to get small tree limbs chopped and into yard debris bin. Will once air clears up , hopefully next week. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.