Thursday, July 23, 2020

THE THURSDAY GARDEN



Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a wonderful day.  It is still hot here.  We had a major storm last night and it got a little cooler, but not all that much.  There is supposed to be a break for a couple of days before going into another heatwave, but it sure still feels hot to me.

I was able to get out in the yard for a bit yesterday morning while it was still cool and clean up the weeds, etc.  Let me show you how it is doing.


I weeded the little side patch except for that one plant.  I don't know what it is, but it looked so nice there, that I just left it alone.  My garden flag is out and I hung some old US flags across the fence.  I bought some solar lights at Rite Aid and they look so nice at night.  


I found my tomato cages, cleaned them off, and put them in the earth box with the plants.  I have so many buds on the tomato plants.  I pulled up lots of weeds in here too.


Weeds and dead flowers came out of the flower pot.  Just a fern is left now and doing so well.


Lots of buds on the tomato plants.  I hope that means lots of tomatoes.  Sometimes I get the flowers,  then they fall off and that's it.  This year looks promising though.



One side of the yard is looking pretty good.  Still a few things to do, but not bad.


The other side, however, is a jungle.  I have to wait until it is cooler to attack it.  I would have heat stroke trying to do it this week.  Maybe next week will be better.

Thanks for coming along.  I hope to have more interesting things to show you.  Sisters Getaway starts next week.  If you don't know what that is, go back and read some of my previous years.  It's always fun.

Until later,
Kathy


7 comments:

  1. Wow! What a change! Good job! Please be very careful in this heat. A bit at a
    time will still get it done. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. Have a fun sister getaway. I will look forward to reading about it. Your plants look good. Hope you get lots of tomatoes. I love your garden flag and the flags on your fence. Stay cool and I will see you again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yard and garden look great and you can tell you have done lots of work out there. Hoping the 'Sisters' trip is as fun as in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plants are looking really good. Have a great time with your sister. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks great! You must be so excited for sisters' week. I am always excited for just a sisters' day. 🦋

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Kathy.. Your garden and tomato plants look great!.. Uggh, it's so hot.. Just can't get to the weeding or much else here for now.. I do what I can.. My tomato plants aren't doing to well since it's gotten so hot. They are looking SO bad but it's the heat just killing them. I'm having trouble with my eggplants too and I don't know why. There are many on the vine but they are rotting. I think I will go out and pull the ones that aren't even though they are small. Not sure what the deal is with them. I can't wait for the cooler weather. SO much I'd like to do outside it's just too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's always work to do in the garden and you've certainly done a lot with yours and have it looking good! Good luck with your tomatoes. I actually picked our first one of the season tonight...I hope it's a tastey one! Have a good weekend. I'm not fond of the heat and hopefully we'll get more rain next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.