Friday, June 5, 2020

GROCERY HAUL



Hello, friends!  It is so hot here in Philly.  We need a new air conditioner and I am working hard to clean up the area by the front window so that we can put one in.  Almost there.

How do you all like the new blogger?  I saw nothing wrong with the old one and I'm not liking it so much.  But I'm sure I will get used to it over time.

I thought today I would show you the grocery haul I got last week.  I wanted to wait, but needed too many things.  This week I went for several items and found they were missing.  It turns out I didn't check my "shop from home" order carefully and there were things they didn't give to me.  *sigh*  But here's what I did get from my shop from home order.

I got a box of eggs.  Desperately needed.


I was running low on baking mix.  I wanted Jiffy, but that wasn't in the computer, so I got Bisquick.  It's the same thing.  I also got a box of Apple Cinnamon muffin mix and Blueberry muffin mix.  I already made (and we ate) the blueberry one.  I also got some crackers and some Command strips to hang up our new smoke detectors.  I use Command strips a lot.


I needed olive oil and had been out of cooking spray for awhile and was very happy to get a new can.  I was making tacos for the first time and decided to top them with salsa.  This was on sale.  I never used Pace brand before, but it was very good.  I also got the baby (otherwise known as Jack the cat) a bag of treats and I got a bag of flaked coconut to make a coconut custard pie.


I wanted ground beef for the tacos and got meatloaf mix too.


I got two Chobani flips -- peanut butter cup.  It's my new favorite.  I also got shredded cheddar cheese, margarine, lactose free cheese and salmon.


Lactose free milk, romaine lettuce and eggplant.  I had been wanting eggplant for awhile and had it the other night.  So good.  I thought I ordered tomatoes to go with the lettuce.  No, I DID order tomatoes, but they weren't there.  I didn't know or I would have gotten them when we went to the other Shoprite.



I don't know why this picture won't turn around.  I turned it three times and it still came out sideways.  But you can see it.  I got frozen French fries, sausage, and meatballs.


And four honeycrisp apples and four bananas.


Since we were unable to get water with our order, Joe and I headed for the other Shoprite that we usually go to.  We were just going to get water, but ended up getting some other things too.

I found a new kind of cat food that I wanted to try with Jack.  He loved it.  I got hot dog rolls, and a new lighter.  Sometimes I need it for my stove.  I couldn't find my old one.  Of course the old one was the first thing I saw when I walked in the front door.  But it doesn't hurt to have two.



Here is another picture on its side.  But you can see I got mushrooms, hot dogs, American cheese, pepperoni, pepper ham and bologna.


Joe got cereal and chocolate donuts.



I got broccoli, asparagus and Joe wanted more bananas.



I got a can of pizza crust.  And I did make a pizza the other night.  We had pizza sauce here and I had the pepperoni and mushrooms to put on it.  I misread the directions and baked it wrong.  It turned out OK, but I am going to try it again baking it the right way.

I saw the barbecued chicken legs when I first walked into the store.  It was an unadvertised manager's special.  I thought they looked good and got them.  We had them the other night.  Joe had one and refused to eat more.  I have never seen him turn down food before.  I didn't like them either.  They were very hot.  I mean spicy hot.  And the meat was mostly fat and gristle.  I did finish the other two over two days for lunch but it is not something we will buy again.




And three cases of water.  We have finished one case and I am going to break open the second one tomorrow.

Tonight we called out for hoagies and got them just before curfew.  It was just too hot to cook.  The one deli we get them from makes them so very good.  And they are not too expensive.

So far the last two nights have been quiet around here.  I think it is because we have been having thunderstorms.  Always a deterrent.  I hope the worst of things is over.  Our 7-11 and Wawa have reopened although their windows are still boarded up.  Better safe than sorry.  What a world we are living in.

I'll end with a post I borrowed from facebook.  I think you will all agree.



Have a good night (or day if you are reading this in the morning).

Kathy













8 comments:

  1. Wow! You certainly were a busy shopping bee! Sounds like you have some delicious meals planned. When I go to the bank,I stop in IGA & they have very good food. I got 2 plump chicken breasts (pre-cooked) parmasan for $3.99! Made them with leftover spaghetti...yum! They also make great potato,macaroni & a chickem/walnut/cranberry salad to die for! Some good finds there.Glad you found what you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! I’m sorry your air conditioner is not working. It’s very hot to be without! Whoever thought shopping for groceries would ever be so “annoying”? Yes, 2020 is turning out to be a hard year. Glad your area is calming down. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy. Wow - you got a lot of stuff. Now you will be set for a while. Hope you can get your air conditioner fixed or get a new one. I am glad that things have quieted down in Philly. It is the same here, although there are still protests almost every night. Today is quite rainy, so maybe if it is still raining tonight, that will keep the protestors home. You and Joe stay safe and well and I will be back to visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Don't ever go to 2020." Ha!

    I always enjoy seeing your grocery haul. Interesting that we learn to like new products...of necessity and, on the other hand, have things we'll never buy again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Back to the Future funny is cute! And you got a LOT this week. It feels good to go less often and keep stocked up. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Special K reminds me that I need a new box of this too. One of my favorite cold cereals. That's quite a nice grocery haul. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, When it's hot out, I do not like to cook. Come to think of it I just do not like to cook anymore. LOL. Hope your weather cools down some. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of food for you. I did a bit of grocery shopping Sat in same store I picked out 2 pants and a top. All one sale. I had to try clothes on at home. Weird. I've seen that Back to the Future photo on FB too. My daughter says we should go back to early 2020 and fix bad stuff so it won't happen like is now. Have a good week. 🌈

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.