Saturday, May 9, 2020

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?



Hello, friends!  I hope you are enjoying this nice, cold, snowy day in May.  Fortunately we did not get snow here, but many of my family and friends did.  I can't remember it ever snowing this late in the year.

I haven't done a "What's For Dinner?" post in a long time.  I have lots of photos.  More than I want to post today.  So I will just show you some of them.  Maybe it will give you some ideas for your meals.

On Thursday, April 2 we had pork chops, Brussels sprouts cooked in olive oil and butter, and mashed potatoes.  One of my favorite meals.


Friday, April 3 we had Pasta with Bacon and Peas.  It is so good.  I'm glad I have a new pasta recipe.



Tuesday, April 14th was an easy meal.  I had a rotisserie chicken and macaroni salad.  That chicken sure went a long way.  We had it sliced down that night, chicken salad sandwiches another and then I made chicken broth which gave us another two nights of soups.


On Wednesday, April 15th I made the Pasta with Bacon and Peas again, but this time added meatballs and put mozzarella cheese on top.  Yum!


Friday, April 17th we had breaded flounder fillets that I cooked in the air fryer, asparagus, and sliced tomatoes.


Finally, on Friday, April 24th I made a meat loaf and had it with Asian Stir Fry veggies.


I also had a cup of Assam Tea.  I am almost finished with the beautiful box of various teas my sister gave me for Christmas.  I have so enjoyed trying all these different teas.


Earlier that day I had made some lemon poppyseed muffins.  They were good, but I think I will use a different brand of mix next time.  They had a bitter taste at the end.


That finishes up April.  I will try to show you May's dinners next week. 

Have a good night everyone.  Week #8 of the stay at home order is coming to a close.

Kathy




7 comments:

  1. You do a wonderful job of meal planning, Kathy. I really miss rotisserie chicken. Well I miss a lot of things. Yes, I awoke to snow and blistering cold. After tonight, I think it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have liked to have seen a little snow this year. :( Oh well...Appreciate the ideas for meals. Look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to you, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy. I always love your dinner ideas. I have tried several of your meals. Thanks for sharing them. I hope you have a good week and you and Joe stay well. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had some really good meals! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ate just a little while ago but now I am hungry again. I made a pork roast yesterday with potatoes and carrots and celery and it was SOOOO good. I love to see your meals. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food looked great. The pasta looked amazing with the meatballs and mozzarella.👍

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.