Tuesday, May 19, 2020

KNITTING




One good thing about being stuck at home is that I have gotten a lot of knitting done.  In fact I have knitted some pieces and then torn them out because I decided I didn't feel like finishing them.  Three projects to be exact.  But the one I am loving is a shawl I am making.  I love the weight, the texture, the color.  Just about everything.  And it is so easy -- all knit stitches with just decreasing one stitch every other row.  Let me show you how it is progressing.

I bought a yarn called "Shawl in a Cake."  I got just one cake thinking it would make an entire shawl, but the pattern I am using is going to take more than one.  I have used all of the first cake and am waiting for a second one I ordered to show up.  It is supposed to get here on Saturday.


The color is called Namaste Neutrals.  I chose it because I love brown tones and the way it goes from medium brown to dark brown to medium brown to caramel to white and back again.


When I bought the yarn I didn't know that there was a gold thread running through it.  But I love it.

I took pictures each day to show how the shawl was progressing.  Well, I did for the first week at least.

Day one:


Day two:

It started out with a very dark brown.  At first I wasn't sure how it would turn out.  

Day three:
You can see the slant that is starting on it.  It will turn out to be a triangle in the end.


Day four:

Now there is a lighter brown stripe in the dark brown.

Day five:

It's getting bigger.

Day six:

How pretty it is getting.  Now the caramel/golden color is coming in.

Day seven:

Even bigger now.  I am knitting 10 rows a day.

Day eight:


Now you see the white stripe.

Today:


Everyday it gets more beautiful.  As I said, I ran out of yarn and have to wait for the second cake to show up.

I am also working on a scarf and the temperature blanket.  I started a top, but didn't like how it was turning out, so ripped it out.  I am looking for something to make with a beautiful and soft green yarn.

What have you been up to during this time?  Whatever it is, I would love to hear about it.

See you later!

Kathy










9 comments:

  1. Visiting with you via Doris. I love your shawl. The colors are gorgeous. I never learned to knit or crochet, even though my grandma tried to teach me. I hope you have a nice day. Mildred in Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy- I love that yarn. That will make a beautiful shawl! I am still busy making masks, and finishing up the school year. I am going to donate a lot of masks to the Navajo Nation. I hope that you and Joe are staying well. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way the shawl is looking! I've been doing some more cycling during the week and it's been really fun! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors blend so well,so pretty! Like you,I like the look of (in this case) gold thread running through it. I've seen shades of red,yellow,silver etc. HB to Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your yarn and the scarf will be gorgeous. I am doing hobbies, home schooling via Facetime-my grands do school even in the summer when school is out-and some are home schooled. I love it...I have been in almost 70 days-today family drops off groceries in front of my building...we all wear masks, of course. Take care and be safe. prayers

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so much fun to work on a lovely project. Your shawl is going to be beautiful...love the browns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shawl is looking lovely! I am glad you were able to reorder the same yarn. Bekah had started on a project pre-COVID-19 and ran out of yarn. Then Hobby Lobby closed and her yarn was unavailable online. Discouraging.

    I am working on a "penny rug." Last week I finished making the pennies. Now I am stitching them onto the wool background. I am slow, but it's progressing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scarf is going to be beautiful. I've been doing quite a bit of crocheting. Trying to keep my hands nimble. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That shawl is very pretty! I never learned to knit. Used to sew but I no longer do that either! Now I read and clean and cook and help where needed ☺
    Take care and enjoy this day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.