Thursday, February 20, 2020

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?


Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a wonderful Thursday.  The weekend is coming!

I haven't done a What's for Dinner post in quite a while, so I thought I would show you a few meals that we have had.  Dinner has been haphazard for us ever since I got sick in December.  Some days I am too sick or too tired to cook.  We have been calling out a lot.  A lot more than we should.  And Wawa sandwiches and hoagies have been our friends.  But I did photo a few meals we have had this last week.  Let me show you.  Maybe you will be inspired with meals of your own.

Last Tuesday we had baked chicken thighs, fresh broccoli, and mashed potatoes.  It was good and very easy.



On Wednesday Joe went to his veterans meeting.  He eats over there so I made breakfast for dinner for me.  A fried egg and a couple of slices of bacon.  You can see I was sitting in the living room watching TV.  The remote is right there.



Of course on Valentine's Day we had our heart shaped pepperoni pizza.



Last night was Bible Study night.  That's always a rushed dinner.  I took left over rotisserie chicken and made delicious chicken salad sandwiches.  They were so good.  It's always good to get more than one meal out of a chicken.



I had a photo of another meal, but I can't find it.  I think I accidentally deleted it.  Two nights ago we had grilled pork chops, spinach and I made potato salad.  When I was making the salad I accidentally put too much celery salt in it.  It came out of the jar so quickly and of course I couldn't take it out.  So it was a little salty, but still good.

That's what's going on around here.  I have a ham steak in the refrigerator for tonight.  I don't know what I will have with it, but I'll find something.  Hope you have a good dinner too.  Talk to you soon.


 




10 comments:

  1. We do seem to eat well in the colder months, your meals always look so delicious and colorful. I cook most days, even though there are only the two of us to feed, today is hamburger soup, or stew.
    We have snow today, after a lovely warm early spring-type day yesterday, just goes to show how unpredictable Mother Nature can be :)
    Glad you are both feeling better.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is fun to peek over your shoulder to see what you are making. I wanted to go out for something today, but the warmth of the house against the bitter cold outside has kept me in. I’m having a baked potato, a chicken breast, and creamed corn.😉 I really wanted a 🍔.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. But just think what you are having is healthier.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kathy, Hope you are getting better. I love chicken salad, one of my favorite lunches. I have been eating left overs so as not to waste our food dollars. Ted is a good eater, rarely ever complains. I know he doesn't like melons, beets, cucumbers or liver...I would never fix liver anyways. LOL. I find that thinking of something to fix is at times the hardest part . LOL Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, your meals always look so good. Can I come to dinner at your house? ;-) Seriously, I do enjoy seeing what you are fixing and getting some ideas. I remember WaWa from my time in Philly. I don't think I ever had one of their sandwiches, but I am glad they work for you on a busy night. Hope you continue to feel better. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the blog visit and comment, Kathy. I hope that you are feeling better. Cooking dinner nightly can be such a chore at times. I have been trying to make dinners that include some leftovers for another night’s meal, even if that means combining leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like getting new ideas. When you think of how many meals we cook,it's hard to come up with something new. I use my leftovers in stews or combined over rice or noodles. Tonight we're having hot dogs cut up in chili. Good for this cold weather.
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Food looks good, Kathy. I have a chicken salad I made yesterday so that the flavors would blend and I am looking forward to having that for lunch! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to see you getting back into the swing of things. I'm not much on cooking, but those meals do sound very tasty. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Catching up with you....
    We had breakfast for dinner tonight, pancakes and bacon. Christy makes really good pancakes! I like getting a rotisserie chicken sometimes and in fact I got one yesterday to make dinner. I made chicken gravy and biscuits. Haven't made that in awhile. My chicken salad always comes from a deli. Just can't seem to make a good one. Yours looks awesome!
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.