Saturday, December 14, 2019

BLOGMAS DAY 11 -- DECORATING PART ONE


Hello, friends!  Such a busy day today so I am posting early.  I have begun my decorating but I am by no means finished.  I thought I would show you what I have up already, though.  I love looking at people's decorations and I thought you might also.

Let's start with the kitchen.  The first pictures are a little dark because the sun was just rising when I took them.  Such a pretty day.



I decided to put the little red truck candleholder on the stove where the blue truck with the pumpkins was.  I have a Santa spoon holder too.



It's so nice and cozy to have a little candle burning to greet you in the morning.



I took down the fall sign from the side of the pantry and put up this cute sign I found at Target.  "Good Old Fashioned Candy Cane Factory.  Manufactured in the North Pole.  Making Christmas sweeter since 1954."  Since 1954 was my first Christmas I thought it was perfect for me.  After all, I've been making Christmas sweeter since 1954 too.  Ha, ha!



I was looking for something in the junk drawer and found my Christmas tree night light.  Just perfect by the back door.



Another item I bought at Rite Aid was this little Christmas gnome.  In Scandinavia they call them nisse (pronounced nissy) and they are all over the place.  People put out food to appease them and have them help with their farm work.  If you make them mad, though, watch out!  This one was adorable and I had to get him.  Especially at 75% off.



There are a few other things around the house.  But the only one I have photographed is my lantern that is on top of the wood stove in the living room.  It looks so nice lit in the evening.  It has been getting dark around 4:00 p.m. these days.  When I found it, I couldn't get it to light.  But a change of batteries fixed that.



There are more decorations around and I will show them to you later this week.  But at least I made a start.

This morning Joe has a doctor's appointment.  As soon as we are finished, we have to head over to pick up Donna and then the three of us are going to church for our Saturday matinee.  We are showing the movie "The Nativity Story."  Somewhere in there we will try to get lunch.  When I get home I have to type up and print the bulletin for Sunday.  So it's a very busy day.

TODAY'S MUG:
Well, actually it's last night's.  And it's the match to the other Peanuts mug I used.



One side says "Merry Christmas" and has Lucy, Linus, Sally and Peppermint Patty with the little Charlie Brown tree wrapping it in Linus' blanket.


The other side has the Peanuts gang singing around the now beautiful tree.  This is one of my favorite parts of the Peanuts Christmas special.

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
Again, this is last night's dinner.  I have no idea what I'm having tonight.


I had chicken cooked in the air fryer, asparagus and a baked potato.  It was very good.

And now I have to run.  I hope you have a great day today.

Kathy



8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Kathy. I hope you and Joe have the best year ever. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’ve been busy! That first graphic with Sally getting decorated is so cute. I, too, like a candle to light up the dark mornings. The lantern that looks like a forest is charming...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night's chicken dinner looks sooo good! Fun start to your Christmas decorating! I love the little Christmas gnome and the lantern. I mailed your Christmas card this morning, so look for it sometime this week! Glad you had a good day. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to see your Christmas decor . . . and knowing that you're feeling well enough to decorate! I like your Peanuts mug! Such a sweet story, and I like the part when they sing "Hark, the Herald Angels Sing" too. Gnomes are so popular this year!

    It is midnight and time for me to go to bed . . . but suddenly I am hungry! Your dinner looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gnome is so different! I always loved Charlie Brown's little tree. You really have been busy! Be sure to take time to enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your decorations are all so cute and I know you enjoy having them up now. Rest yourself so you wont be sick Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your decorations are wonderful. I love your mug. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most of the decorations are up around here. Pictures are still waiting to be taken though! Isn't it nice to enjoy some festive beauty as the light of the day fades faster and faster?
    Had to chuckle at your statement about not having a clue what's for dinner that particular day...so often that's me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.