Saturday, November 23, 2019

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?




Hello friends!  Don't you just love the picture above?  It was taken in Kyoto, Japan.  Like most of my pictures, I found it on facebook.  It is so pretty.

I can't believe it has been an entire month since I did a What's For Dinner post.  Of course I did not photo every meal I ate, but here's some of them that I thought you might like to see.

Sunday, October 27 we had breaded flounder filets with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies.  Since we discovered that we could buy the fish already breaded, we have been having it as our standby.  It is so good.


Tuesday, October 29 we had pork chops and shell noodles with mushrooms in butter sauce.


Air fryer chicken and mixed veggies were on the menu for Wednesday, October 30.


This is a dish I often make on Halloween.  I resurrected it this year.  It's called Bones, Blood and Gore.  It's really pasta (bones), tomato sauce (blood) and ground beef with mozzarella cheese (gore).  Just something fun for October 31.


On Tuesday, November 5 we had ham steak, mashed potatoes and fresh green beans.  Those beans were so good.  Nothing like fresh veggies instead of frozen.



For dessert we had a piece of the pumpkin dump cake I made.  Served on a pumpkin plate -- what else?



Wednesday, November 6 it was more of the wonderful fish and this time with the rest of the fresh green beans and an herbed roll that I had gotten at Trader Joe's.



Thursday, November 7 we had chicken fingers with honey mustard sauce, spinach with mushrooms and another of the herbed rolls.


Friday, November 8 I made an old family favorite -- apple fritters.  They didn't rise as they should have and I have a feeling that I need to buy new baking powder.  They were still good though.

On Tuesday, November 12 we had the stuffed cabbage I got at Shoprite and I made a salad.  Those galobki were so good.  I have not seen them there since, but if I find them again I will definitely buy them.  They are one thing I have trouble making.

Last night we had fried chicken, mixed veggies and sweet potato gnocchi.  Neither Joe nor I had ever eaten gnocchi before but wanted to try it.  Though it wasn't bad, it wasn't our favorite.  I have the rest of the bag to use, but probably won't buy it again.

So that's it for the last month.  Hope I have given you some ideas for your meals.  Enjoy!

Kathy





7 comments:

  1. Kathy, Bless your heart girl, you do cook. I try my best to not cook. LOL. Just joking, I tell Ted that is why there's restaurants...so we do not have to cook all the time. I do love having a serving of protein and veggies. Blessings for a beautiful Thanksgiving. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine why people want to eat out so much. You can control what's in your food if you cook it yourself. I need to watch for salt and food allergies for Joe and me. I have no control over that when others cook my food for me.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if you can create a flavorful soup with the sweet potato gnocchi. I really like the soup at Olive Garden with gnocchi. Love seeing all the variety you achieve with your meals. Variety is the spice of life and it’s a healthful habit, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of soup. That sounds like a good option.

      Delete
  3. I wanted to pull up a chair & start eating! I really think the Halloween pasta is a cute idea. The fish looked soooo good! I've been having more fish in our meals. Russ'll have some vacation soon & I can use these for luch ideas too! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The meals all looked super tasty except for the shells and mushrooms. Such a waste of good shells. (my opinion only) I'm thinking today I will cook some sausage, potatoes and green beans. Yum. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right about fresh veggies....there's a huge difference! All your meals look amazing. And I'm now even more hungry then I was =)
    Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.