Monday, November 11, 2019

MONDAY MAGAZINE



Today is Veterans Day.  The day we honor all those who have served their country, whether currently or in the past.  I am very proud of coming from a military family.  We have served in every war since the Revolutionary War.  I have family members in the Army, Navy, Marine Corps and the Coast Guard.  Someone has to join the Air Force to make it complete.  😉

We have plans for today which I will tell you about later.  But for now I am going to share my latest completed magazine with you.  This week it is the "Allrecipes Magazine" from October/November 2018.


I usually pass these magazines on when I am finished with them, but I am keeping this issue.  It has some wonderful recipes in it that I want to try.  Some of the articles are what to do with canned pumpkin (it's not just for pies), easy appetizers, and what to do with the Thanksgiving leftovers.

I always like to show you the "In Season" section.  This month the ingredient was soup.


Cream of Cauliflower Soup


Lentil Soup with Lemon


Curried Butternut Squash Soup


Hungarian Mushroom Soup


Italian Wedding Soup

The recipes for all of these are on the allrecipes.com website so if you are interested, check them out.  I am looking forward to making soup more often.

It's a short post today because I have so much to do.  But I will tell you that I had a fantastic weekend -- one of the best I have had in months!  Today should be good too.  Come back later this week and I will tell you all about it.

Have a good day and thank a veteran for the sacrifice they have made for you.

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Soup is a great choice for the upcoming wicked cold temps. We are very patriotic in my family too. God Bless all our veterans. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! Oh, those soups looks so good. It's actually supposed to freeze here tonight and soup would be wonderful for tomorrow. Now you've put me in suspense wondering what you're up to! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soup is sounding really good about now. My dad was in the navy. I thank each of our service men & women for their service. Thank you,Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow here and veggie chili! Love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made some chicken noodle soup over the weekend and it was delish! I have a coworker who loves chicken noodle soup so I brought her some for lunch today as a surprise and she loved it too! Looks like many good recipes in that magazine...hope they all turn out good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.