Thursday, November 28, 2019

HAPPY THANKSGIVING


Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope you are all having a wonderful day.  It is early, so I haven't been celebrating the day... yet.  I have to take Joe to meet his veterans group this morning.  He is part of a color guard for a football game.  While he is gone I plan to clean and bake.  When he gets back, we will get ready to go out to dinner with our friends Carole and Walt.  We talked about different places to go, but ended up deciding on the Country Club restaurant, so that is where we will be.

Originally my sister had to work today.  She usually has Thanksgiving at her house.  So we had made other plans.  But then she was able to get someone to take her hours and invited everyone to dinner.  But we already had our plans in place.  So maybe next year.

Today Philadelphia is celebrating the 100th anniversary of our Thanksgiving Day Parade.  I am so excited to see it.  It is so different from what it was when I was a kid, but still so good.  The local station who owns the parade is doing all kinds of throwback things -- old videos, previous hosts coming out of retirement -- and that should be so fun.  I will be watching it off and on, but I am recording it so I can see it all later.

And now I have to run so I can get Joe to the meeting place by 7:30 a.m.  Have a wonderful day and I will be back tomorrow to tell you all about our day (and hopefully show you the rest of my decorations before they come down and Christmas goes up).

Kathy






5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I have always wanted to go out for Thanksgiving dinner...maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day sounds like fun! We've decided our day will be a quiet one. Enjoy your time with Carole & Walt. I am thankful today for the Lord's presence in my life,all His blessings & for your friendship. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a dear blogging buddy told me...may your energy be equal to the task. God bless your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pogo and I wish you and Joe a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.