Thursday, November 7, 2019

CHRISTMAS AT TARGET



Hello, friends!  Can you believe that just a few weeks from now it is going to be Thanksgiving?  And then before you know it, Christmas will be here and then a new year.  Time just seems to fly by.

A few days ago Joe had to go to the CVS in Target to get his medicine.  While we were there, he bought me a new phone.  It has taken me days to figure out how to work it, but now it is just fine.  It is just adding all the contacts when you get a new phone that drives me crazy.  I'm still working on that.

We headed up to the pharmacy and had to walk through their Christmas department.  I just had to take pictures of the beautiful things there.  I took them as "art" pictures, but thought I would share them with you also.



Have you ever seen so many candy canes?  They were all colors and flavors.  I loved the way they were hung in buckets on the wall.



Starbucks had an entire section.  Lots of mugs and coffee and hot chocolate.  I know some people who truly believe that coffee is magic.



They had both large and small boxes of Christmas crackers.  I thought they were probably made in the U.S. but the label says they come from Wales.  I think I am going to buy a box for Joe and me.  Even though we will be at my sister's house for Christmas, we can do them on Christmas Eve.  I can't imagine what kinds of prizes are inside Welsh crackers.



M&Ms?  Hershey Kisses?  Peanut Butter Cups?  You had your choice in these candy canes.  They were just putting things out so I imagine the shelves are stuffed with these treats now.



I loved this aisle with all the wrapping paper and bows.



If you need a stocking, here it is.  With or without your initial.



And reindeer.  Lots and lots of reindeer.  I think that's what I liked most about the displays.  There were just rows and rows of similar things.



This is such a pretty tree.  I like pastel trees.



There were lots of wreaths.  This one was all sparkly.  It just didn't turn out as pretty in the picture.

We also got some food for dinner because I hadn't taken anything out of the freezer.  Oops!

When we got outside the sun was just setting and the sunset was beautiful!  I don't see sunsets anymore because of all the trees that have grown up.  I just had to get a shot of it.



I love this time of year!

Kathy



17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sunset! I love walking through the decoration aisles. I think we're all like children at Christmas;gawking & staring. It's just what we stare at that changes. I appreciate you taking me along on this 'view'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, they did have everything you could want to decorate for Christmas. It is a little early yet for me....I have to get past Thanksgiving first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I truly love Christmas, but I hate that the holidays are pushed out so fast. I love to enjoy the holidays not feel rushed. I have been thinking of getting my things out and letting my daughters come go thru all of it. You know we all have too much STUFF. LOL...well I sure do. I always love seeing you Peanuts pictures. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Thanks for sharing the things you saw with us. (I need a couple of those deer!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’re making me want to get to Target! Saturday’s coming. Here I thought that everything was made in China. I might need a box of crackers from Wales. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of fun stuff to look at. I bought crackers at Bronner's Christmas store when we went to Michigan in August. I think the grandkids will enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new phone takes great pictures. I think the Christmas stuff is all beautiful but it is a shame they can't put out some beautiful Thanksgiving displays too. Even though I work on Christmas all year long, I do enjoy Thanksgiving. Your sunset is lovely. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not phone pictures. I didn't have a phone yet. Took them all with my camera which does take good pictures.

      Delete
  8. I've been creating my Christmas list, it seems to get smaller each year, and monetary gifts take it's place :(
    Lots of selection there at Target, I always buy the Tom Smith crackers, they are the best !
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good to know about the crackers. I'll be sure to get them.

      Delete
  9. There is nothing better than a Target run during the Christmas season....have some new decor items on the way for the holidays...cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kathy! Great post and I do love seeing the Christmas decorations at Target. There's one not too far from me. Thanks for popping in to see me and hope all is well in your world.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have ginseng 20 plus boxes of Christmas to kids and friends. In an apartment now! Still have few hundred ornaments-we owned small Hallmark before I went back to school to become a teacher in old age! Now retired! Trust me there is no way merchants could survive by waiting until after Tgiving to put out Christmas and most of us could not get shopping done in three weeks! I say enjoy birth of Christ as long as we can and as early-we can be thankfor for Him!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I need more than three weeks for Christmas.

      Delete
  12. Kathy
    I love love your sweet blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kathy, I enjoy reading your blog! I think the holidays are all coming too fast at this stage of my life. Ha ha. I'm sure I have all I need to decorate, but I love to look and sometimes get good ideas for home. Enjoy your new phone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.