Sunday, October 6, 2019

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?



Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a lovely Sunday.  I thought I would catch you up on what we've been having for dinner.


One night we had baked salmon, baked potato and asparagus.  I put the asparagus in the oven for a change but neither of us liked it that way.  I won't do that again.


Then we had Carnitas con Carne.  I gave you the recipe earlier.


For a quick dinner one Wednesday we had chicken nuggets and broccoli.  I had some left over honey mustard sauce and had that with them.  Wednesday is Bible Study night and we often don't eat until we get home between 8:30 and 9:00.  Very late so we always have something quick and light.



On Friday we had pork chops, mashed potatoes and peas.  I haven't had peas in a long time.  It was a nice change.


Last night we had chicken tenderloin, penne pasta with cheese and a sliced tomato.  To make the chicken I beat an egg with Dijon mustard, dip the tenderloin in the egg mixture, and then bread it before browning the in olive oil.  They are so good!

This past week we also had breaded flounder filets with mashed potatoes and a salad.  Another night we had hamburgers and fries.

Hope this has given you some ideas for your dinners.  Thanks for reading this.  I'll be back tomorrow with another magazine.  Have a good day!

Kathy


5 comments:

  1. Your meals sound quite tasty. You have a knack for coming up with super meal ideas. Have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been hankering for a baked potato ever since reading how the Brits bake theirs. It just sounded so good and I need a reason to have the oven on for a while. 😏

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks good. I like the idea of the Dijon mustard/egg coating. What do you bread it in? Sounds like it would add a nice tang to a meal. Please keep the ideas coming!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.