Monday, October 21, 2019

MONDAY MAGAZINE



Hello, friends!  Hope you had a good day.  I was going to show you my garden yesterday, but it was pouring rain all day.  No complaints, though, because we really need the rain.

I also started a post that was a rant.  But then I decided not to rant and erased it.  I was angry about how some people are body shaming some friends of mine.  Not everyone can be a "skinny mini".  Some people have health problems.  Some are doing their best and are losing weight.  These two people have closed down their blogs because of people taking pictures from their blogs and vlogs and posting them and their families making comments about them that I won't repeat here.  It's so sad that people can't build each other up instead of putting them down.  And that is all I will say about that!

My cleaning has slowed down for a bit.  I have reached a point where it is mostly done and now am slowing down to a maintenance level.  So hopefully I will have more posts for you.  Especially as the holiday season approaches.  Can you believe that Halloween is almost here?  And then it is quickly followed by Thanksgiving here in the U.S. and Christmas.

But let me show you the magazine I have finished reading this week.  It is the September 2018 issue of HGTV Magazine.



Of course they have a front door to show you.



Do you like red front doors?  Lots of people do.  Do you have one?  I really like the doormat.  I would have one like that.  The planter is nice too.  But I don't think the chair looks very comfortable.  Maybe the pillow would help.  And although the light is unusual, I think I like it.  How about the door numbers?  They are glass mosaic.  But for $115 I think I will pass.

I like the High/Low section they have each month too.  Why do people pay such large amounts of money for things when they can have something similar for such a difference in price.  Would you spend $1,128 for a mirror when you can get something so similar for $458?




I was intrigued by the makeover section.  On the table of contents page they had the before and after pictures of the room on the cover.  Quite a difference.


Hope you all have a good evening.  I'll be back soon.

Kathy


14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting to maintenance mode! That must be a great feeling. I don’t know when or if I shall ever get there. 🙃

    While there are many decorating styles that I would not want for myself...red doors for example...I can appreciate them in others’ homes. It takes all kinds to make the world go round.

    Good to know we’ll find you here more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are still a lot of bags and boxes to go through, more trash to get out and more things to take to Salvation Army, but I see a light far away down the tunnel. :)

      Delete
  2. No to the red door & definitely a pillow for the chair. The mosaic number is intriguing just not my style.Overall I'm more the cushy,snuggle-in style. Whoo-hoo on reaching maintenance level! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a red door once. Don't know if you remember. But it wasn't bright red like this. More of a brick color. I don't know if I could take this brightness.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kathy....I follow two you tube vlogs that were recently deleted after years of making videos...Were these the two who were recently losing weight on Keto? I wondered what in the world happened??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was Pericardium and Shelly. Yes, they were both on Keto. I emailed Pericardium and she wrote a sweet note back thanking me for following her over the years. She said some people were taking screen shots of her and her and her family and posting them calling them fat ugly people and saying other things she didn't tell me. I'm assuming the same thing happen with Shelly. It's a shame that some people can ruin things for everyone. I'm trying to find a similar glove to follow but so far no luck.

      Delete
    2. I am so sorry to hear this....I really enjoyed Shelly's channel...what a shame people did not show kindness to them...

      Delete
    3. That first name is Erica. I hate spellcheck

      Delete
  4. Yes, Kathy, it is very sad that some people seem to have nothing better to do than to criticize others. Perhaps they should look at themselves bur maybe are too insecure. Thanks for your comment on my recent spam post. I too would not want to end a blog because of negative or spam comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did end my first blog because of people's comments. It was getting so out of hand. I'm glad this one seems to be OK.

      Delete
  5. It's sad how some folks are. As for the red door, I think I like it. As for shopping for all those expensive items, I would not do that. I could never afford to do it, so I learned how to make things myself. If I couldn't make it, I shopped around for things that I could afford. Please don't stop your blog. I do enjoy coming to visit and see how you are doing. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm with you. I can't see spending money I don't have for things just to be like other people. I like to make things too and then they are unique and totally you. I sm not stopping my blog any time soon. I am having too much fun with it.

      Delete
  6. I don't know why people have to be so mean and cruel. Probably they do it because they have a poor self image, and are not very happy people.
    That HGTC magazine looks interesting. I have never heard of it, but will see if they have copies at the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. You have to love yourself first. HGTV magazine has been around for several years. My local library has it so I hope yours does too. Welcome to my blog and I hope you come back to visit. I'm a great-grandma too.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.