Tuesday, October 15, 2019

GROCERY HAUL



Hello, friends!  I am really behind on things because I am going to show you today last week's grocery shopping.  Fortunately I didn't have a lot to get because I don't have much money this month.

Here's what I got:



Salmon and pork chops.  I don't usually get salmon in a package, but the line was long at the fish counter and I didn't want to wait.  We had it on Friday for dinner and it was really good.  The pork chops were good also.



I got graham crackers as a treat.  Crackers are expensive!  All kinds of crackers.  I saw these battery powered candles and got them.  Also some pink lemonade powder.



I saw the 99 cent frozen veggies but Debbie saw how many different kinds there were.  I got squash, peas, cauliflower and lima beans.  I also got another bag of chopped onions (I was out) and a bag of pierogies for 88 cents.  I didn't really need milk, but I knew I would soon so I got it.



I was completely out of black pepper.  And Jack was out of food.



And finally, we needed paper towels and frozen potatoes.  I also got two bags of No Salt potato chips.  They are hard to find around here.  And as a treat some chocolate chip cookie dough.  It was on sale for $2.50.  Joe baked me the cookies last week.  They were very good!

Now I'm hungry.  I have to run and get my breakfast and get the day started.  Bible Study this morning.  Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Kathy, When I was young I used to buy packages of perch fish just willy nilly...not even think of packing and health. No more. I just find it hard to buy fish. I will buy tilapia at walmart. Have a great week Kathy. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s it! I must spend more time in the frozen food aisle to see what’s there! I want those onions. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the store brand but I've seen vlogs from around the country where people buy them. They must be in your store somewhere. I get them with the other frozen veggies like corn and peas.

      Delete
  3. I love seeing your grocery posts. We're empty nesters now but I'm used to cooking for at least 4, two teen sons and usually a friend or two. We bought in bulk, usually Sams. There was no chance for boredom, a bag of something usually lasted two or three meals. Now, a I find that going to a meat market and buying 3 or 4 chops and 1 or two chicken breasts is more cost effective-and we don't have to eat the same thing over and over. Looking forward to more grocery posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did good with your shopping. I've been buying more frozen veggies lately. I like to buy the diced frozen onions and the green peppers. These are great for cooking, and they save me so much time. Plus they don't go bad. I put what I don't use back in the freezer. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our local Publix store runs BOGO ads every week, you'd be surprised how much you can save.
    Looks like your pantry is going to be restocked this week, great haul.
    Hugs
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great deal on the frozen veggies! Russ enjoyed the squash/zucchini blend I got. You did really well on your haul.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.