Saturday, October 5, 2019

GROCERY HAUL


Hello, friends!  I can't begin to tell you how extremely busy my life has been this week.  And next week is the same.  So you will not see much of me for awhile, but I am not deserting you and will post as much as I can.

I think summer is finally over.  It is downright cold around here.  I am wearing winter clothing in the mornings and evenings, but can change into a little lighter items during the day.  I even lit the fire in my little space heater for the first time this season.  It's rather pleasant to see the flames and feel the warmth.  In fact, I think I will do just that when I am finished with this post.

On Tuesday afternoon Joe and I went to Shoprite to do our weekly shopping.  When I went to pay for the groceries, I couldn't find my ATM card.  I had bought lunch on the way home from Bible Study and I distinctly remember having the lady hand it back to me so I know I had it.  But it was gone.  I tried another card, but it didn't have enough money on it.  Oh my!  Joe didn't have his wallet with him so didn't have any cards and no cash.  I finally found a card that worked.  ( I only have two credit cards.)  When I went home I called the bank and cancelled my card right away.  The next day I went to my branch and got a new card.  I still haven't found it, so I think it must have dropped on the street somewhere.  Better safe than sorry.

So here are my groceries for the week.



Bagels and English muffins.  I don't usually buy both, but the English muffins was a great sale.  The other day for breakfast I had one with butter and sprinkled with pumpkin spice.  It was so good!



Lactose free cheese was on sale.  We were just finishing up one of our two boxes of margarine so I got another.  Bacon, lunch meat and chicken tenderloins to make chicken fingers (dinner tonight!)



Cleaning supplies.  Now you know what I'm doing this week and next.  All purpose cleanser, disinfecting wipes, Scrubbing Bubbles, dish detergent and air freshener.



I had run out of paprika and needed to replace it.  I really wanted only one can of tomato sauce but they were $2 for 5 so I got it.  What a good price!  And two cans of tomato paste.  I always make my own tomato sauce because then I know what is in it.  One time I bought a jar and found there was hidden milk (I should have read the label first).  I was sick for hours!



For produce I got Winesap apples, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, bananas, spinach and a spaghetti squash.



Penne pasta for a nice dinner one night.  And the notebooks were still on sale for 49 cents so I picked up two more.  You can always use a notebook for something.



Meat this week was pork chops (they were wonderful!), ground beef and burgers.



We were all out of water so I was glad to get another case.  And I always get eggs.



The veggies were on sale for 99 cents each.  I got broccoli, corn and green beans.  Breaded flounder for us this week.  I had the fish last night.  Yum!


 And finally, I used up my beef bouillon cubes so had to replace them.  Joe wanted soft cream cheese and iced tea mix.  And I was all out of cooking spray and olive oil.

It was a big order this week, but next week is very small.  Good thing since I am running out of money.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.  The weeks just fly by, don't they?  I will try to be back with a What's for dinner post tomorrow.

Kathy


5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to cancel your credit card & get a replacement! We do depend on them for things like shopping.What a haul! I can't imagine the delicious dinners you'll make from that! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, It would have been nice it the temperatures could have let us a have a few weeks of , no AC or no heat. I hate going directly from one to the other. I always fear about losing cards. Something happened to my bank card and it would not read , so I went to my bank and got a new then and there and they shredded the old one, but I did get to keep my old number. Blessings for a fun weekend, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to your card is the scenario that scares me. Glad that you were aware of it right away and dealt with it. Another great week of shopping bargains. I am jealous. Prices there are far less expensive than here, even on store brands. I have never seen frozen veg for 99¢ for example. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a scare last Sunday when we went out for lunch....my debit card was not in my wallet. Used another card to pay, I never have much cash. When we went to our table I suddenly remembered that since I had changed purses, I now put it in a slot on the inside of the purse, easier that getting the wallet out. Of course I was using the purse and it was right there where I had put it, WHEW! I did have to cancel a card once, I either dropped it at the gas station or at a Goodwill store. Good idea to take no chances.
    Good grocery haul =) It's chilly here too. What a change from last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, better to be safe than sorry. You made quite a nice grocery haul. I do this every other shopping trip. One is usually quite large and the next is a bit smaller. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.