Tuesday, October 29, 2019

ANOTHER TARGET RUN... THIS IS BECOMING A HABIT!



I thought I would show you the trees in the street in front of church.  It looks as if we are finally getting our fall colors.

Yesterday Joe had to pick up some medication at the pharmacy.  Since it is inside of Target I got a chance to check out their Dollar Spot again.  I was so surprised because just a few days ago it was all Halloween, Thanksgiving and fall and yesterday it was changed to almost all Christmas!  There was just a small space for a few fall items.  I had kept thinking about that one sign I saw and really wanted to get it.  Fortunately I found three of them in a bin and grabbed it while I still could.  You know how it is in the Dollar Spot.  When it's gone, it's gone.  And you never see it again.  So here it is.



I looked around the kitchen trying to figure out where to hang it.  I wanted to keep it in the kitchen because I have decorated my kitchen with apples and this just seemed to fit right in.  I finally decided to hang it on the side of my pantry.  Perfect!



We also stopped in the food section and got a few things that we needed  (or wanted).




I wanted yogurt for breakfast.  Haven't had that in ages.  They were $1 each.  The pork chops looked good.  I got a pack that I'm having for dinner tonight.  Last night I had hamburgers and needed the buns for that.  The cheese is for a dish we are making for the lunch at Homecoming Sunday this week at church.




Here's the rest of what we needed -- rigatoni and pasta sauce.  Joe offered to make baked rigatoni.  He also bought me a new baking mat.  Christmas cookies are coming.




Joe got a couple of bottles of Ice for himself.  And we were almost out of milk.



The salad dressing was on sale too so we got two of them.

I am so happy to have my sign.  I know I would have regretted it if I hadn't bought it and could never find it again.

And here it is almost the end of October.  Time is flying by for me.  By the end of the week it will be November.  How about you?  Does it seem as if the days just fly by?

See you all later.  I'm off to read some blogs.

Kathy





10 comments:

  1. Your corner is looking beautiful! Autumn colors have definitely arrived. Oh how good to find your sign. It was meant to be and it looks perfect on the side of your pantry. Things like that are God winks. A way for The Lord to let you know that He understands the desires of our hearts. Enjoy it. I know that you grin every time you see it. Ohhhh... your Beloved is going to cook. Yay! Poor John only knew how to fry Cornflakes so I think men who know how to cook are smart and dear. What a fun meal that will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe was a cook in the Marine Corps and a baker in civilian life. Two of many jobs that he had. But now that Joe is injured he can't cook the dinner so it has been passed off to me!

      Delete
  2. Kathy, It has really been pretty lately...but I think the leaves are falling very quickly here. I am glad you got that little sign you wanted :) Some times I will get yogurt for weeks then I stop and wait for a later time...I am not sure why. I really like it. The picture you signed off with is wonderful. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of our trees are still green. It is in the 70s today. I like yogurt but with my milk allergy it doesn't always like me. But I'm having trouble swallowing again, so this is good for now.

      Delete
  3. So glad you got your sign and bet it looks nice in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad too. Seeing it every day makes me happy.

      Delete
  4. I never thought of it that way before but I guess we are all snoopy. Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got the sign. If you hadn't,stuff like that can 'haunt'you! Ha ha! Time is in super speed! I totally love the end photo! I would like to be walking down that lane....

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you found the sign. Can't believe how fast the month of October has gone. Makes me a bit panicky! I love Christmas and try to get a head start on gifts so I'm not stressed at the last minute....haven't done much yet!
    Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your Fall sign, it sounds inviting.
    I think I could run to the grocery store every other day, just when I finish picking up the items on my list, there is always something I forgot !
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend, it's turning cold here in Tennessee...
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.