Thursday, October 24, 2019

A VISIT TO TARGET AND OTHER THINGS



What a day this has been!  My friend, Donna, had a doctor's appointment this morning and I offered to give her a ride from her house to the office.  It was cold this morning and I didn't want her to have to walk 6 blocks.

Well, it was warm in my car.  I even put the heated seats on.  But when we got into the office it was COLD!  We were shivering and I never took my jacket off even though I was wearing a heavy sweater under it.  We were very happy to get back in the car after her appointment and put the heat on.

We ended up stopping at McDonald's to get breakfast and coming over to my house to eat with Joe.  After we ate we watched a couple of YouTube videos and laughed our heads off at them.  Then Donna said she wanted to go to Target and could I drop her off there.  I said I would go with her.  I don't turn down a chance to go through the Dollar Spot.

I saw so many nice things even though I didn't buy them.  It's a good thing it's the end of the month and money is tight.  I could have done damage there.  Thought I would share some of them with you.  




These little wooden tags had a pumpkin pie recipe on them.  So cute.  I can see these hanging in someone's kitchen.  But I don't have a place for them.




I love this sign.  I've been looking at it over and over and think I may go back and get it.  Hmm...




These little totes were adorable!  Another thing I loved but didn't need.




This is one of the few things I did get.  It's a knitting loom and yarn to make a child's hat.  It even comes with a pompom for the top.  I'm going to make it for Miss Hadley for Christmas.




Isn't this a pretty picture frame?  I can see putting a picture of the family gathered around the Thanksgiving table in it.




These black velvet pumpkins were nice too.




I can see putting these in the kitchen or dining room too.  I really like them.




There were a lot of these wooden shapes with metallic paint around the edges.  They were pretty but I don't know what you would use them for.




I was looking for a planner, but they didn't have any.  They did have a lot of journals though.  I like the sayings on the covers of these.




Some more pretty journals.



I passed by this aisle and had to get a shot of these wreaths.  The yellow one is so autumn to me.  But the last thing I need is another wreath.

I took Donna home when we were done and came home myself.  I have been dozing off and on all afternoon because I got up at 3:00 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep.  I think it's going to be an early to bed night for me.

Hope you enjoyed seeing Target.  Have a nice night everyone.

Kathy



16 comments:

  1. I love Target. I got some of the little velvet pumpkins last year and one or two this year....not black though! Like you, I look and let it there =)
    Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had cute velvet pumpkins last year. This was all I saw this time.

      Delete
  2. That was fun and I bet that you and Donna really enjoyed the day. My sis and I went shopping today and were freezing in the store 🥶 after using the heated seats in the car.

    Going to bed early tonight as well...late nights and early mornings aren’t working so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did enjoy the day. Everyone at the doctors was freezing. Even the nurses had heavy sweaters on and were rubbing their hands together.

      Delete
  3. I love going to Target too and you sure found some neat things. I would have been so tempted to buy. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tempted to buy but I had no money. I am thinking about going back today though for that little sign.

      Delete
  4. Love seeing the latest in Dollar Spot! Like you,I can admire but have no place to put them. I really like the yellow wreath too. The journals are really nice,especially with the sayings.They always catch my eye. Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna and I don't get together often but when we do we always have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love the Dollar Spot. But the prices are getting higher in there all the tome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, I never go to Target. There's one in a town north of here, but I just must not need anything. LOL. I liked some of the cute things. Thanks for showing us. Glad you were helping your friend, we all need each other. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Target a lot. My sister not so much. Friends help each other. If I need something, Donna would be there to help me.

      Delete
  8. I've never been to Target. But I loved your photos of all the wonderful buys. My favorite is the yellow wreath. The color is so beautiful. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wreath is so pretty. But I have tons of wreaths that I change out all the time so I don't need any more.

      Delete
  9. I love loom-knitting hats. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first one I've done and it's a lot of fun. Goes fast too. Now I'm just trying to decide how long to make it. I figure bigger is better. She can always just roll it up if it is too long.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.