Tuesday, September 17, 2019

CELEBRATING 13 YEARS


Hello, friends.  Hope you are having a wonderful day.  I thought I would tell you how we celebrated our anniversary yesterday.  It was a very low-keyed day.

I didn't sleep in, although it was later than most days.  But I hung around getting caught up on my vlogs and the news.  I was still in my nightshirt at 11:00 a.m. and had to get a move on to get ready to go out to the nursing home.

We stopped over at church to pick up Rick and headed to the home where Joe was preaching today on Psalm 1.  Eight ladies showed up -- twice what was there last week including another new lady who is there because she sprained her ankle and then fell and broke her other leg.  Such a sweet lady who came with her Bible and was so excited to find out there was a Bible Study.



We took Rick home and then headed for dinner.  I didn't feel like driving a lot so we decided to go to East Coast Wings and Grill because it was near home and we both like it there.

We started off with their Pub Pretzels.  Hot (and I mean hot -- I could barely hold them) soft pretzel stick and honey mustard dipping sauce.




Joe got a 50/50 burger which is half Angus beef and half Applewood smoked bacon with barbecue sauce and white cheddar cheese.  It was messy to eat but Joe said it was wonderful.  He got fries too.



I got five wings with honey barbecue sauce and tortilla chips.



We were going to go see a movie but decided to come home instead.  So we didn't do much, but had a really nice day.

Back to real life today.  I'm getting ready to teach Bible Study this morning.  So I have to run.  See you tomorrow.

Kathy




8 comments:

  1. Joe's burger is huge! I'd have had to eat that in pieces. Lol! Sometimes a quiet day can be good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That burger! < insert thud > 😁 Glad that your day was a good one; simple days are the really good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary and it sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate. I much prefer the quiet celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a very fun and restful day. Happy Anniversary to you and Joe. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy! Oh, I love a good ole hamburger and I see two very happy faces! Happy anniversary. I too love a good ladies Bible Study abd attend one at my church too. Hope you're doing well today.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's quite the burger!! I love wings but rarely get them. Low key celebrations are wonderful. Glad you could celebrate your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 13rh anniversary! We've planned our anniversary as well to be an outing then food at a bbq restaurant early Oct. Heading for bed. Rainy week. Good night! ...I liked your wedding photo on FB!💖

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely anniversary
    I love your blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.