Saturday, September 28, 2019

ARE YOU READY FOR DINNER? A RECIPE FOR CONCHITAS CON CARNE

Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a good weekend.  I thought I would start another now and then series on recipes I have made and enjoyed.  You might like to try them too.  Although I prepare quite a variety of food, everything I make is easy and quick.  With all my health problems I can't stand at the stove very long.

Tonight I made Conchitas con Carne.  It is so easy anyone can make it.  I will give you the recipe here, but it is also on my food blog under the subheading "ground beef."

CONCHITAS CON CARNE

  • 1 lb ground sirloin
  • 2 cups uncooked small pasta shells (or any pasta you would like - I usually use whatever I have on hand)
  • 8 oz can of tomato sauce
  • 1/4 small onion chopped
  • 1/4 bell pepper sliced
  • 4-5 cups water
  • 1 beef boullion cube
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper

  • Brown the beef over a medium heat in a Dutch oven.   Drain, then add the shells and stir it around a bit. Let them fry a little with the beef.   Add all the remaining seasonings along with the onions and bell pepper.   Add the tomato sauce and stir.  Add the bouillion cube and cover with water.  Simmer for 5 minutes, then cover and simmer for about 10 minutes until the shells are tender.  Serve and enjoy!

    I am unable to eat bell peppers so I leave them out and it's still good.  And I usually don't use as much water as the recipe calls for.  As long as the pasta is covered so that it cooks, it is fine.

    Here is a picture of my bowl of dinner tonight.  Sorry it's a little foggy.  The steam coming off of the bowl fogged up my camera lens.


    And here's what I had for dessert.  Nothing says fall quite like spiced wafers.  Yum!  It's the taste of fall to me.  And you can get them only during September, October and November.  I usually buy an extra box to have in December.


    Hope you have a great Sunday tomorrow.

    Kathy




    2 comments:

    1. While I have heard of it, I have never eaten it. Sounds good!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Your recipe sounds rather yummy, and those cookies look delicious! You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.