Thursday, August 15, 2019

WHAT A DAY WEDNESDAY WAS


As the title says, what a day it was yesterday.  To begin with, my legs were so much better but...  my swollen face was not.  I ended up going to Urgent Care in the afternoon.  I just could not wait until September 19th to see my doctor.  

I was embarrassed to say I had just been there Sunday and now was back, but the nurses told me I could come every day if I was sick.  That is why they are there.  So nice.  And the doctor gave me a very thorough examination and said I had an infection in my glands and in the lymph node by my ear.  He prescribed some strong antibiotics which I have had in the past and I know by Friday I will be feeling myself again.  Already after just one dose the swelling is going down.

As if that wasn't enough, o
ne of the ladies of our church is in very bad shape.  She is in a nursing home and has now been put into hospice.  Please pray for Joan.  She is one of our oldest members (as in has been a member for a very long time and probably agewise also) and says she is ready to see Jesus.  Pastor went to see her yesterday and he and Joe are going to see her today.

And then there is the news that I watched for over four hours.  There was a police standoff with a shooter.  Nine police were injured, six of them shot.  Two held hostage.  Fortunately none of the wounds were life threatening and they have been released from the hospital.  So sad and scary.  Who would have ever thought that Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love, would have something like this happen?  The shooter finally gave up around midnight after over seven hours.  So glad everyone is safe.

Before I end, I want to answer some of the comments made over the last few days.  First of all, thank you so very much for all of your good wishes and prayers.  They are very much appreciated.  You will never know how much.

I had a comment on sitting on a recliner in the air conditioning.  Well, my legs and feet are like ice, so I cover them up.  And you need to have a recliner to be in one.  Ha, ha.  I lay on the sofa with my feet on some pillows.  It works.

Yes, I too sometimes feel as if we patients are just dollar signs to a lot of the doctors.  I hope I am wrong because I know of several doctors who really do care.

Our weather has not been that hot or humid lately.  We have been in the 70s and 80s but that isn't bad when the humidity is down.  That has helped a lot to make us feel better.  I think our 90 degree days are over.  Autumn is coming.

So that is what is going on.  I feel better so I am going to try to do something around the house today.  Not much because I don't want to overdo it.  I will rest a lot.  But I have some blueberries that are calling to be made into lemon blueberry bread.  That is so easy to make -- mix up and stick into the oven.  And I want to clean off the kitchen table.  Then lay around the rest of the day.

Hope things in your world have been better than mine.  Although things are getting better.

Kathy


16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ☺️ I am so glad that you’ve gotten to the bottom of it and that you’ll soon be feeling right as rain.

      Delete
  2. Do a little ...leave a lot.. Your health is more important. So glad the pills are helping and pray you will be back to full strength soon.
    Im using blueberries in a recipe today too.. I had such a bargain on them I have quite a few in the freezer now
    Look after yourself and Get Well Soon
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you were able to get some relief! Don't worry how often you go to
    Urgent Care. I think they fill the gap because (& when) you can't get to your
    regular doctor. Yes, please take it easy & not overdo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I sure was happy to read you are better and did see the dr. Please take care of yourself. I hate that news about the police injuries. Everyday is dangerous on their jobs. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope you feel lots better today. Take it easy and rest! Lots of hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did they say what the gunman's motive was?

    Hope you are feeling better. Rest is a good idea.

    Blessings :)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had a long history of drug trafficking and the police were trying to serve him with a search warrant because they knew from other people he was selling again.

      Delete
  7. Oh Kathy..you have had such a time....so hope things are getting better. How lovely to hear that the nurses were caring...rather hard to find these days....happy for you! Our world is changing and not for the better...prayers are needed and I am sending a prayer to your friend in need....hugs from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remembering that you are in Philadelphia, I thought of you when I heard the awful
    news about the police action there....glad you are safe and hope you are feeling
    much better soon.
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending prayers for your friend. I'm so glad to hear that you are finally getting better. Take care of you and don't over do. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was thinking about you when I heard the news about the shootings. Glad it wasn't worse. In Lancaster, yes, the city, we've had a bear roaming the streets for a few days!! It ended well this morning and will be released in an appropriate place.
    Glad you are feeling better. So happy you didn't wait to get treatment. Please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I had you in my thoughts when I heard the awful news, so very sad.
    My ankles swell especially when I overdo it, they never used to, but after two ankle surgeries, things are not what they used to be :)
    Hope you are able to get some rest, and things calm down.
    I'm sorry to read about your friend in Hospice, may God take away her pain, and give her remaining days peace.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your site. I am glad you are feeling a bit better! The lemon blueberry bread sounds delicious! I hope you don’t mind if I add you to my reads, please stop by to visit me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kathy, I am She and I live not all that far away in Bethlehem. I do hope that you are feeling better soon! I am recovering from Bronchitis and it's no fun being sick in Pennsylvania humidity. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you are feeling better. Rest is always the best. Just take it easy, the house and whatever else needs done can wait! Praying for your friend in hospice. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.