Monday, August 12, 2019

MONDAY MAGAZINE


Good morning, friends!  I hope you are all having a wonderful day.  Today I wanted to share with you another magazine that I finished.  This is an HGTV which I know you all like.  It's from May 2018 and is their Pop of Color issue.

First, of course, we have to look at the front door of the month.  Would you paint your door purple?  I don't think I would even though I like the color purple.  I do like the light though and the door mat.  How about putting a chair by your front door?  If I had a porch, I might.  But I wouldn't put it out on my sidewalk.


They had quite a section on a pop of color.  I thought I would share it with you.



Do you have a colorful sofa?  Mine is brown.

How about barstools?  None in my house.  No place to put them.

 Do you have colorful chairs?  Again, mine are brown.



 No pendant light for me either.  How about you?


Rugs?  Mine are in sad shape.  We are saving up to get new ones.  Definitely not colorful.


How about your lamps?  Mine are black, white and chrome.


No colorful chest for me, either.  Just wood tone.


Dining chairs?  Wood too.


Wow.  I don't have any stools either!

Art.  Finally I  have something with color.  There is a beach scene by the front door.  I have photos my brother took hanging on the walls.  I have butterflies Joe gave me on my shelf.  Samplers I embroidered over my desk.

I guess I'm not as colorful a person as I thought.  My kitchen has red appliances, red towels and red apples everywhere.  Does that count?

Hope you enjoyed this and have a wonderful day.

Kathy




11 comments:

  1. I'm not that much of a colourful person either in terms of furniture. I do wear bright colours though like yellow because that's my favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like color but my sofa is gray,kitchen things are white but I have yellow walls there. Does that count? Though red is my favorite color,I don't want a red couch. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, this made me think. I always have something red...currently it's a cabinet. I tend to buy the major pieces in neutral and then throw in a few pops. Once, while buying furniture with my ultra-conservative late husband, I bought two deep purple chairs and an ottoman to go with a boring neutral sofa. He always said he hated them, but I think it was an act.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Color anywhere counts. Sounds as if you are adding lots of your happy colors in accessories. The most colorful things I have are a yellow Kitchenaid mixer...love...and a red jelly cupboard...not quite as much love. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful color pop ideas. Sad to say, I'm not very colorful either. I'm rather bland. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha Ha! You are so funny! Yes! Of course the red in your kitchen counts! I love red in the kitchen, so cheery.

    Thank you for supporting my family! You are such a blessing and have been for years. How long have we been blogging friends? YEARS AND YEARS!
    Blessings to you and Joe. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, I guess the real color around here is usually outside with flowers. LOL. I use tablecloths for color. Or seasonal decorating. I stained our porch floor boards this past week, now I want to paint the little tables and plant stands.That's some color, but then again it's outside. :0 Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes indeed, the red does count! I love color. All white and beige (neutrals) is popular and several friends' homes have it. It looks nice but it's not for me. Wouldn't a bright (maybe yellow or lime green) chair or lamps be nice? We do have the teal wall in our basement living room and I love it! We have lots of gray and blue tones here also. That bright of a purple front door.....um, nope =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have favorite things I have collected over the years (I'm 86 now) and they are a
    part of the house whether they go with other stuff or not....altho I do like colors
    that blend nicely. Red counters in the kitchen but soothing blues and greens
    elsewhere. Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We do have a dark purple door on our house and garage. It may change when we get the house and garage painted hopefully this year. Not much colorful furniture in our house, expect blue recliner and colorful photos that I've taken, in living rm, dining rm and hallway. Still have the same lamps we got years ago when we came back to the USA and needed some furniture. I did get new shades though. I like HGTV magazine as well. I don't buy it often unless there's something I'd like to read and keep. Have a good week, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.