Monday, August 19, 2019

IT'S HOT AGAIN!



Hello, friends.  I was going to post a new Monday Magazine for you.  Then I thought of doing a What's for Dinner post.  But now it's almost 11:00 p.m. and I have to get to bed sometime soon so I can get up to teach tomorrow.  I just finished writing my lesson and have to print it out now.  I felt as if I were doing a term paper.  I had seven web sites open putting things together and finding outlines and maps.  We are starting the book of Second Timothy.  I do an introduction when we start a new book giving a background of where it was written and who it was written to.  I also do a bit of history telling what was going on in the world at the time the book was written.  Then next week we will get into the actual book itself.  People think it is easy to teach a Bible study, but it is a lot of work putting things together.

Today Pastor and I went to the Nursing Home for our Monday service.  We got there early and went to see Joan who is in hospice.  I met her niece who is there every day to be with her.  Joan is in very bad shape and I would be surprised if she is on this earth more than two weeks.  She was asleep so I didn't wake her, but prayed over her.

We had seven people at the service.  I was glad I was there so I could help Pastor out.  Rick is away and Joe wasn't feeling good.  Some new people were there who were very appreciative of us coming.

I was also glad I was able to drive Pastor because he does not have air conditioning in his car.  I do.  When I got in the car to pick him up it was 113*F (45*C).  It was so hot that I could hardly touch the buttons to put the windows down until the cold air kicked in. Touching the steering wheel was difficult too.  By the time I got to church it was a balmy 86*F (30*C).  The air conditioning works quickly and well in my car.

On the way home there were ominous black clouds in front of us.  By the time we got to church the rain had started drizzling.  But by the time I got home 5 minutes later, it was pouring.  I was so glad to see a parking spot in front of my house.

Tomorrow I have an eye doctor appointment in the afternoon.  I still have that floater in my left eye.  I don't think it will ever go away.  And there is nothing anyone can do about it.  But at least they are keeping watch on it to see what is happening. 

Then I have to go food shopping.  I was going to do it right after Bible Study but I forgot about the doctor appointment.  So now I have to do it after that.  So do I give you a magazine post tomorrow?  I have two of them.  Or do I do a What's for Dinner?  Or a Grocery Haul?  Hmm...  I guess it's good to have options.

Before I go I want to invite you to check out the new blog I have begun for my church.  The address is wissbfc.blogspot.com.  I am trying to make it fun and interesting and would love your feedback.  Blogger has changed a lot since I started this blog and I can't get it looking just the way I want it to.  I can't figure out how to give it sidebars.  And I don't like the format.  But in all, it's not bad.  It's a work in progress.

And with that I must get off of here, print out my lesson, and head for bed.  So I will see you all later.

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Glad that the older set has been receptive to the visits. ☺️ Those dear people need to be remembered and they are still in need of spiritual nourishment. Whatever you decide to write about, I enjoy reading. Hope that you are happily in dreamland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beyond hot. Can't wait till fall! All your hard work is appreciated by your Bible study class. You make it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, It's been awful hot all over. It is so kind of you to help the pastor out. You do have a good heart. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hot here but we expect it in Aug! At least we've had enough rain this month to keep things looking pretty. Enjoy your day! I'll look at your new church blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.