Saturday, August 10, 2019

GROCERY HAUL


Good morning, friends!  Welcome to Saturday morning.  Sorry I have to hurry through this post but there's lots going on today.  Yesterday I finally got grocery shopping.  Joe and I went to Shop Rite for lunch and then went through the store.  It was nice having help.  And... I was $56 under what I had budgeted so I was one happy girl.

Here's what I got.



Eggs were on sale and I had a coupon.  The cheese was on sale too.  I did good.  I also got some broccoli and tomatoes.


 Bacon was on sale and I had just used the last of mine.  I got cheese for mac and cheese and stewing beef for my crockpot Mississippi roast.

Instant potatoes were running low.  Elbow macaroni for the mac and cheese.  I couldn't believe that I was entirely out of pasta.  That never happens.  I also got some crackers (out of them too) and brown gravy mix for the roast.


Rotisserie chicken was on sale and I had a coupon.  We didn't get to eat it yet, though, because we had to go out.  It's in the fridge for tonight.  Joe wanted Three Bean Salad, I needed frozen fries and cheese and spinach tortellini.  As a treat we got ice cream.  It was only $1.79.  A real bargain.

Since we got the ice cream, we also are eating healthy.  Corn was on sale.  We also got bananas and blueberries.  I was almost out of margarine so got that too.

As always, Jack demanded his food.

Had a coupon for the King's Hawaiian rolls.  I love those.  Also got a Portuguese roll for myself and we needed bread.

Wild bird seed for the bird feeder and lettuce for some salads.

Finally some pork chops, roasted garlic hummus, Joe's lemonade and a box of mushrooms.

After all of that shopping we never got dinner.  Joe was out with a group at church and I was laying on the sofa trying to get the swelling in my legs to go down.  We ended up having sandwiches -- at different times.  *sigh*

But this is not bad for not having shopped in two weeks.  Are you inspired now?

I have to run.  Today is the Second Saturday Matinee and I have to pick some people up.  Also need to get Joe over to church so he and Rick can go out distributing flyers for our big youth outreach next week.  It's going to be wonderful and I hope to take you along.

Until later, have a great day.

Kathy









5 comments:

  1. You had a successful shopping trip and I too like a bargain. Now that I live alone, being widowed in 2016, I am amazed by how often I need to buy groceries; I do buy fruit and veg often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have lots of choices for meals this week! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking the pot roast sounds good. The cupboards are pretty bare here, but I don’t want to shop. Yes, I do enjoy seeing the grocery haul. The ice cream flavor sounds yummy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder your legs hurt! You really did get a haul. I love Moose Tracks! It may sound odd but I like to grocery shop but not shop for clothes. I hate trying them on! By the way, I love the opening picture of the dock,would love to cuddle there....I think the name on the boat translates to 'love of water"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.