Wednesday, August 14, 2019

GOING TO THE DOCTOR PART 2


Hey, Woodstock, I could use a burger.  How about making one for me?

Just wanted to catch you all up on the doctor appointment yesterday.  The staff there and the cardiologist are so nice.  The doctor checked my blood pressure and heart and everything seemed OK.  He checked my legs and said although they were swollen, he had no idea why.  It was not my heart.  But he did give me a diuretic which should help me in a few days.  Already the swelling has gone down a little bit.

But now there's another problem.  The glands around my right ear are terribly swollen.  It looks as if I have mumps on one side.  And I would think that except that (1) I've already had the mumps and (2) I don't have any of the symptoms except for the swelling.  I think I must have some kind of infection.

I called the primary doctor to see if I could get an emergency appointment and the earliest they could see me was September 19.  I am going back and forth trying to decide if I should go back to Urgent Care.  At least I could get some anti-biotics there.  And I think I will.

Joe tried to get me an appointment at the office of the other doctor in the neighborhood, but they also have no openings.  He was told it is "back to school" time and everyone is overwhelmed with pre-school physicals.  Kids need physicals to go back to school.  (sigh)  So let's see what happens.

Sorry to have such down posts, but that's all that's going on here right now.  Our Youth Nights begin tonight and I was hoping to get over there for a little bit.  But not this way.  If I do have something, I don't want to "share" it with anyone.

I'm going to finish breakfast and hop in the shower to get ready for the day.  Let's see what that day brings.

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Hopefully you will feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not fun when the feet and legs swell up. I hope the doctors can figure out what is causing this and get you back to feeling better really soon. You take it easy, and have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, Get in to a dr. Do not let that go. I hate how awful health care is getting to be. Please follow up . Bless you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Urgent care sounds good until you can get to the regular doc. I am glad that the cardiologist was able to help. You’re going to be feeling so much better very soon once that swelling is under control. I learned the hard way this week that I can not turn off the AC and expect to keep things under control when it is hot and humid. Take care now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Urgent care sounds like the way to go....although I'm certain you would rather go to your doctor. Hope you get answers. Prayers for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're feeling better and can get some answers. It's so hard to see a Doc and that's why all these urgent care facilities are going up all over. I've worked in health care for 45yrs and it's sad to see how bad things have gotten over the years. Take care

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.