Sunday, July 7, 2019

THE TEMPERATURE BLANKET AND OTHER THINGS

Hello, friends!  Here it is Sunday evening already.  I have no idea where the time flies to.  I have had such a good day, though.

Sunday School today was really good.  Since Pastor and Carolyn are away, Rick took over the teaching time.  He did an excellent job.  I even took notes.  I skipped a few weeks because I've been so tired I just couldn't push myself to get there.  So I was really surprised today at just how much it has changed in just six weeks.  More people are showing up and more people are getting involved in asking and answering questions, making observations, giving opinions.  It is great.

We had a guest speaker in church this morning -- our former pastor, Pastor Wayne.  He is the reason I started going to this church.  I had known him for years and when I was looking for a new church, it was the obvious choice.  What a pleasure to be able to have him in the pulpit this morning.  Every time he preaches, he ends up saying something that just speaks to what I am going through at the moment.  Today was no exception.  Joe wasn't feeling well enough to go with me this morning, but I taped the message so he will hear it tonight.

This afternoon I made scrambled eggs with ham, asparagus and cheese for lunch.  Using up the leftovers.  It was so good!  I will have to make it again.  Now I have a pork roast in the air fryer cooking for dinner.  I am going to make a spinach miso salad to go with it.  Joe and I really love this salad.  It must be popular because it is almost always sold out at our store.

After we ate, we were watching TV and I fell sound asleep.  I haven't been feeling all that great and I think it is the hot weather that is bothering me.  Now don't get me wrong, I love hot weather.  But day after day of 90* plus weather is really getting to me.  There is so much to do around here, but all I want to do is sleep.

We have been watching some great stuff on YouTube.  We finished watching a four part series on the Founding Fathers that was from the History Channel.  Then we watched the 1999 PBS series "1900 House."  I had seen it before, but it was new to Joe and we both loved it.  We are also in the middle of the BBC series "The Tudor Monastery Farm."  We love those farm series.  There's several of them.  Today we were watching the PBS series "1940s House."  Of course I have to watch it again since I slept through most of it.

I am completely caught up on my temperature blanket.  And let me tell you it is not easy to work on in the summer.  But since I do just one row a day which takes me 10-15 minutes to do, it's not that bad.  So I took some pictures this morning to show you.

Here is May:

The purple is the 60* weather.  Won't see that for awhile.  The pink is 70*, the yellow is 80* and the one orange stripe is 90*.

Here is June:

There are a few rows of pink, but lots of yellow and orange.  What a difference!

And here is the entire blanket -- half finished.


At first I didn't like it because I had used pastels in the past and this was so bright.  But now I love it just because of the colors.  I think getting the red, pink, yellow and orange in made all the difference.

And now I smell my dinner so I will get off of here and see how it is going.  Hope you all have a nice evening.  I am reading your blogs even if I don't comment.  Sometimes I am just too tired.

Kathy










12 comments:

  1. That blanket is great. I love the concept. Sorry to read that Joe is still under the weather. Perhaps the pork roast helped. I have an air fryer. I need to try making a pork roast in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about Rick's lesson. Really well done! Heat is one thing,but this humidity! Let's hope it drops soon. Keeping Joe in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing your beautiful blanket! And I need to look for some of those shows on PBS! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How long do you cook the roast in the air fryer? What temp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just did what it said on the label for cooking in an oven. I believe it was 375* for 40 minutes.

      Delete
  5. We don't have an air fryer but we have an Instapot. Last week Christy put in a bag of frozen beef tips with some seasonings and in 20 min. we had dinner! That thing is amazing.
    Your blanket is really looking good. It is hot and so humid right now....maybe a change is soon due?? Maybe not yet ;-)
    Glad you could make it to Sunday School yesterday. Sounds like your soul was filled, just what you had been needing I'm sure.
    Take one day at a time, Kathy. I pray for good health to return for Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blanket is looking really nice. It will be amazing when it is finished. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had not ever heard about a temperature blanket but yours is beautiful
    and what a clever idea.
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your temperature blanket is longer and preety. Interesting colors. It was 77 degrees today and glad we have a.c. Water the outdoor plants almost everyday as it's dry. I'm thankful more people are coming to bible class at church. We go every Sunday but not me this week as my leg and side still hurt and didn't want people hugging me. I miss that and church in many ways. Hope ya sleep well tonight and Joe feels better soon. God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blanket is a show-stopper! What a fantastic way of creating a blanket, no tow alike!
    God has a way of showing us just what we need to hear. I say the same thing, "He's talking to me", when I'm listening to our Pastor preach.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kathy, I have to say I really like your temperature blanket. I've seen some before but maybe they used different colors and I wasn't crazy about them but I LOVE the colors your using. I am trying to finish a Sunflower blanket and like you it's hard in the summertime. Here in my part of South Carolina we will be in the 90's+ for ateast another two months and I think the older I am getting the more the heat is starting to bother me? I thought the older we get the more we are supposed to love the heat? I am praying for another nice cold winter like we had this past year. I can't wait for the cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.