Sunday, June 2, 2019

THE SUNDAY GARDEN AND PHOTO CHALLENGE DAY #2 -- MY FAVORITE COLOR


Hello friends!  I hope you are all having a wonderful day.  It has been such nice weather here lately and I am enjoying all of it.

I am cleaning up the garden little by little.  There is a huge amount of work to do and I just can't do it all at once.  Wish I could but I'm not 20 anymore.  Or even 30.  When my back and legs start hurting, that's the end of my clean up.  BUT I had an entire trash can of cut off branches, weeds and pruning to put out to the curb this week.

Instead of cutting things back the other day I sat at the kitchen table watching the birds at the bird feeder.  All of a sudden they all flew away because there was a big pigeon coming down to chase them.  He (or she) sat on the top of the fence post watching.



Sorry this isn't the best shot but it was through the screen window.

I had another visitor too.  A squirrel came to see what he could find.  I haven't seen a squirrel in my yard for about two years.  So nice they have come back.  I'm going to have to get some peanuts for him.




A second pigeon came to join the first.  I tried so hard to get a picture of it in flight.  It was so pretty, but I missed it every time because the pigeon was fast and I was not.



I could have sat there a lot longer watching them, but unfortunately I had things to do.

Last night on the 11 o'clock news broadcast they ended the program with a drone view of center city.  It was so pretty that I stopped the picture and took a shot of it.  I was just saying to Joe yesterday that I love center city at night.  At the upper middle just left of the tall buildings is about where I live.  Not too far from the river.



By the way, thank you everyone for your kind comments on my new jacket.  I hope I didn't mislead anyone into thinking it is a kimono.  It really is a jacket with kimono sleeves.  It is beautiful though, and I wore it to church today with a pink blouse and a black skirt.  After church though I changed into my "heart" t-shirt that I got down Ocean City a few years ago.  It's the first time this year it's been warm enough to wear this.  I ❤ this shirt.  😁



PHOTO CHALLENGE
Today's photo challenge was "Your Favorite Color."  This was hard for me because I really don't have a favorite color.  I like all different shades of blue.  I like red, magenta, orange and gold.  But I went to Rite Aid after church today to pick up a few things and went to their 50% off summer items to see what they had.  My heart went pitter pat when I saw this cute shell candleholder for only $2.50 and it had my favorite shade of blue inside.  You know I got it.  So here is my favorite color.



And here it is with a little battery powered tea light that I had here.



I have it on top of my little stove heater and it is so pretty.

WEIGHT LOSS
I haven't talked much about how I've been trying to lose weight.  But my health was really suffering and I knew now was the time.  I have been trying since March with some success, but not much.  But then Joe had to lose weight too.  It was so much easier to do it with someone.  So I really started in April and Joe started in May.  When I weighed myself this morning I was so pleased to see I have lost 11 pounds.  Woo hoo!  All we have done is cut out a lot of the sugar and carbs we have been eating.  We don't deprive ourselves entirely, but we aren't running to the store because we are hungry for a doughnut either.  Joe has lost some, but I don't remember how much.  This is good for both of us.  And if we have to buy new clothes because what we have doesn't fit us anymore, well...  I think we can live with that.

And that's all for today, folks.  I'll be back tomorrow with another Photo Challenge picture.

Have a great evening.

Kathy






8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! It isn’t easy. That is a beautiful shade of blue...kind of like the comment area. Going slow with my yard work, too. So grateful for some help I have had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks lovely with all its critters! That is a magnificent photo of the city! Your shell candle holder is a lovely shade of blue , a great find! Losing weight is such a battle, but slow and steady they say is what works, you do look cute in that shirt lol I've not seen that tee shirt before, anywhere! It's really cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a challenge to keep up with the garden work isn't it! I think I need to roam my place with a camera tonight and do a post too. Congrats on the weight loss! I'm on the same weight loss bus and will let you know how I do. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. You're doing great on losing weight! I love your new candle holder. Such a pretty shade of blue. You have a wonderful evening, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the city scene! I can see why you froze the screen to take a photo. The candle holder is so cute. I can agree about colors.I love red but shades of blue,bright yellow so many! Congrats to you & Joe on the weight loss! It is so very hard to do. In love watching my sparrows though they will come down if I sit real still on my back step.I use that quiet time to praise & thank God for all my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo challenge picture!
    Hallelujah, good for you! I'm cheering you on, with your weight loss!!

    BLUE.... my favorite color, too! Great find

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you on your weight loss...it is a constant battle but you can do it!
    It's time for me to be more serious..I have been cheating and those same pounds keep rearing their ugly heads at me.
    I don't have a favorite color either but if I have to choose it would be yellow and lavender.
    I haven't stopped by for a while so now I have to catch up on your posts.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on losing the weight! It's not easy to do! Love that little candle holder...it's my favorite color too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.