Saturday, June 8, 2019

THE JOY OF NATURE AND PHOTO CHALLENGE DAY #8 - CHILDHOOD


I had a surprise when I got up this morning.  The one lily in the flowers Joe had given me had opened.


It's so pretty!


Just brightens up that corner of the room.


I just noticed how pretty the carnations are too.



I am loving these flowers so much!

Joe and Rick went out street witnessing today.  I dropped Joe off and then went home.  I was going to get so much done and ended up talking to my sister.  That's not a bad thing!  Then I went back to pick him up.

When Joe got into the car he said he wanted to go to Shoprite for lunch, so we did.  I wasn't hungry, though, so just had an iced tea and small bag of chips.  Joe got the Asian Bar.  When we were leaving I noticed all the new planting they are doing in the parking lot.  I have never seen evergreens like this.  There are other kinds of trees also and lots of colorful bushes.  It is going to be so pretty as time goes on and the plants get bigger.  I just had to take a shot of the planting near where I was parked.


I made a salad, meatballs and zucchini gratin for dinner.  The zucchini is a new recipe for me and I wasn't sure if we would like it, but it turned out really good.  The only thing I would change is more cheese sauce next time.  It is a very easy recipe, so let me give it to you.

ZUCCHINI GRATIN
Wash and cut 3 to 4 zucchinis in slices about 1/4" thick (1/2 cm).  Spray a 9x9 inch pan and put in a layer of zucchini.  Cover with cheese sauce.  Add another layer and cover with sauce.  Do this a third time.  Sprinkle with bread crumbs.  Bake at 350*F (177*C) for 20 minutes.

I used the cheese sauce that I make for macaroni and cheese.  It is from the Pioneer Woman's first cookbook.  But you could use any cheese sauce you'd like.  My friend was going to make it with cheddar cheese condensed soup.  Mine is basically a white sauce with cheddar cheese, dry mustard, salt, pepper and seasoned salt added to it.

And we even have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

PHOTO CHALLENGE
Today's word is "childhood."  I was going to show pictures of Hadley, but I didn't take them.  So instead I am going to show you what is sitting on the back of my sofa.


Raggedy Ann and Buddy Bear aren't just for children.  Or maybe I'm just a child at heart.

Have a great evening and see you all tomorrow.

Kathy



6 comments:

  1. Don't ever stop being a child at heart. I love your Raggedy Ann and Teddy. You have a wonderful evening, hugs, Edna b.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Lilies but those purple carnations are wonderful. Still appreciating your Photo Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flower photos are amazing and I share your raggedy Ann love lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, Glad you had a nice day. Praying for your sweet Joe. Such pretty flowers. I can't have any around Ted at this time. So I have no flowers in the containers on the porch either. Just fake ones. LOL. Wishing you a great new week. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are still so pretty! Lucky girl, you are ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.