Friday, May 10, 2019

LUNCH AT YAMOTO


Hello, friends.  I have reconciled myself to the fact that my camera is gone for good.  *sigh*  I am looking into getting another one.  I really need a camera.  In the meantime, I am using my phone and doing OK with it.

I took Joe to get a haircut today.  He says he feels so much better.  Since one of our favorite Japanese restaurants, Yamoto, is two doors away, we stopped in there for lunch.  I used my phone camera to take some pictures for you.

We both got hot tea for lunch.  I really liked it and asked Joe what it was.  He said it was green tea.  I don't usually like green tea, but this was good!



Yes, we both know how to use chopsticks.  And we do use them.  My mom taught me how to use chopsticks before she taught me how to use a fork.  That happens when you are part Chinese.  Joe learned when he was stationed in Japan.


I love the wall they have with silver fish swimming on it.


Joe got miso soup.  I've tried it.  I don't like it.  But he does.


I got my favorite Sunshine Sushi.  It's vegan and made with sweet potatoes and avocado with mango on top.  So good!


Joe got a bento box with Chicken Teriyaki.  He gave me a piece of chicken and a deep fried batter dipped pearl onion.  That was awesome.


It was nice to get there.  And not expensive at all.  Under $20.  We'll head there again the next time Joe needs a haircut.

Kathy


20 comments:

  1. I think a haircut picks up all our spirits!! That was a lovely meal in a lovely place!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe's hair was getting scraggly. He tends to go every 6-8 weeks for a cut. I do too. Yes, the restaurant is very pretty and the food is good!

      Delete
  2. What a nice time you had. I've never learned to use chopsticks!
    I love a haircut too! Got one yesterday and hubby had one the day before. I'm trying to go shorter but my hair grows so fast that it's completely lost the shape in 4 weeks.
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having short hair for the summer. It's been three weeks since I got it cut so I have another three or four weeks before I get it trimmed again.

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoy your food and I never learned to use chopsticks either. I had sushi one time and that was it for me. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vegetable sushi is much different than that made with meat or fish. It's so sweet and light.

      Delete
  4. Pretty food! Sorry about that camera... Have fun choosing another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting a camera exactly like the one I lost. I really like the way a Canon Power Shot works.

      Delete
  5. Chinese food is yummy. I don't like sushi though. Egg noodle soup is good. Sorry you misplaced your camera and hopefully will keep a better eye out on it. In a bag that's colorful or figure out where to put it before you leave and always put it there....might be an idea to help you. Did you have any id on your camera? Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My camera is bright red in a bright red camera bag. I think it fell out of the car at the restaurant and I didn't notice. Always put it in the same place -- except for this one time. No ID on it althoigh that's a good idea.

      Delete
  6. Sounds so yummy! I think the best part is being together. So nice of Joe to share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a nice outing. I'm glad you had a nice time. (I'll try Sunshine Sushi next time I'm eating at a buffet. Looks good!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only ever seen this sushi at this particular restaurant. Look for sweet poraro sushi though which is very similsr (deep fried sweet potatoes).

      Delete
  8. That lunch stop wounds like a great place and Joe's haircut looked nice as well. I'm with you on not liking miso soup, Kathy, but do enjoy a bento box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's our favorite Japanese restaurant. All the food is good.

      Delete
  9. The food looks delicious. I agree, a new haircut can really make your day. I have a really nice Canon camera, but I also have the new Canon PowerShot. I love it. When I upgraded to this new PowerShot, I gave my other PowerShot to one of my daughters. Now we both have the big Canon and the smaller Canon.

    I keep my camera in a small camera bag, along with an extra battery. When I go out, I put my essentials from my purse into the camera bag and use it as my purse also. This way, I only have to carry one bag, and I don't have to worry about misplacing my camera. My purse(camera bag) is always with me. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always put my camera inside of my purse -- until the day I lost it. That will teach me. Never again. That is a good idea to have your camera bag as your purse, but I could never fit everything I need in it.

      Delete
  10. You live in the most fascinating place! You can go get a haircut and meander over to get lunch at a Japanese restaurant. Don't you love retirement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love retirement, but I also miss working. And I agree, I love where I live.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.