Monday, April 8, 2019

MONDAY MAGAZINE


Hello, friends!  I hope you are having a wonderful day.  I am looking forward to another warm and wonderful week where I can get outside and enjoy the weather.

This week I am sharing another magazine I finished.  It's Rachael Ray Everyday from April 2018.



This one was pretty interesting.  She gave a lot of Easter and Passover ideas for decorating and cooking.  I enjoyed the article on Geoffrey Zakarian, one of my favorite chefs, and his family.

And then, of course, what to do with the Easter eggs.  There was an article on how to do different kinds of deviled eggs.  I love deviled eggs but never thought of adding things like ranch salad dressing or cheddar cheese in the yolk part.  Crab meat, wasabi, even beets were used.  I am photocopying these two pages and trying some of them.



Of course she had her ever present burger at the end of the magazine.  This month it was a Pizza Onion Burger.



Rachael says:  Steak pizzalola (panfied steak with wine and pizza sauce) is an Italian Aerican classic.  This recipe takes that idea and serves it up in burger form.  To get that pizzalola flavor, this burger is topped with onions cooked in a spicy tomato sauce.  I call them pizza onions.

I am putting the recipe on my cooking blog if anyone is interested in making it.  It sounds more like something I would make than the one last month.

Now it's on to the things I have to do today.  There's always something.

Kathy




9 comments:

  1. What amazing ideas for the hard boiled eggs! They look as pretty as they are (probably) delicious. Yes, I would totally dive into that burger! I really like onions. Such beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good articles from the magazine. Like the different ideas for the boiled eggs. The burger looks too big to get your mouth around! LOL Have a good Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ideas for the eggs sound delicious. And that burger is making me hungry! You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love Rachel Ray's recipes and have a couple of her cookbooks. She makes things quick and easy...which is what I like. Seeing your Snoopy gives me an idea for my art work! heehee! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm, that all looks so good! We are big deviled egg fans here too but I never knew there are so many options!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting deviled eggs! Yesterday at fellowship meal after our church service, someone had the egg filled with avocado in with the yolk. I thought that was delicious. I enjoy Rachel Rays magazine when I have a chance to see one.
    Enjoy this delightful day, Kathy and Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I enjoyed cooking more. I always see things I would like t make but just don't have the umph to do them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food sounds amazing, especially the burger! Will be checking your food blog to see more on the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel Ray magazine is fun to read also food network magazine! I'm thinking deviled eggs for Easter dinner with ham . Chilly and raining here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.