Thursday, April 18, 2019

LEARNING TO EAT HEALTHY




Hello, friends!  I hope you are all having a good day.  Joe bought me a new tablet and I have been having a lot of fun with it.  I am so into the color by number apps.  This picture is one I did today from the Bible Coloring app.  I thought it was so appropriate for today.  Sometimes the church I attend has a Maundy Thursday service.  Last year I didn't get to it because I was sick.  A lot of people were sick last year and only three people showed up.  So this year we are having just a Good Friday service.

On Tuesday we had a special presentation instead of the Ladies Bible Study.  The dietician from Shoprite came to talk to us about healthy eating.  The first thing she did, though, was to make us an Asian Kale salad with a homemade dressing.  It was so good and I think I will make it for Easter this year.  Although I like kale, it is not Joe's favorite so I am going to change it out for baby spinach.  When I get a chance I will put the recipe on my cooking blog (cookingfmf.blogspot.com).

She also had a couple of small recipe books, coupons, and handouts for us.  Some of those recipes look good and I'm going to put them on my menu plan for the next few weeks.

Everyone really enjoyed the presentation.  I did it as a way to bring out some people who don't usually come and to tell them about the upcoming studies we will be having.  A couple of them said they wanted to start coming to the study because it sounded interesting.  Pastor was glad to hear this when I told him at Bible Study last night.  He said he had really enjoyed the presentation also.

I know Dorothea hates to have her picture taken, so I got her to take a picture of the group of us with Paige the dietician.  Carol also doesn't like to have her picture taken, so she stepped out of the shot.



It is so hard to believe that Easter is almost here.  I have done nothing to get ready.  I haven't been feeling well at all, and neither has Joe which doesn't help us get stuff together at all.  I will do what I can and that's it.

I am so looking forward to going to Annual Conference in two weeks.  I need to get away.  I need the study and fellowship that is there.  I think I will feel much better when I come back.

What are all of you doing for Easter?  Going away?  Cooking for a crowd?  It will be just me and Joe at home this year, but that's not a bad thing.

Hope you all have a great day today.  I am enjoying the sunshine while I can.  A major storm is headed our way for tonight, tomorrow and Saturday.

Kathy




6 comments:

  1. That colouring app looks like fun, I’ve never saw that before. It sounds like a really good presentation and if it brings more people out that’s even better! Sorry to hear you’re still under the weather, both of you, hopefully you’ll feel better soon, to enjoy your time away,

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun app! I've never seen it before. Have fun with those new recipes. I hope you and Joe are feeling much better really soon. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping you feel better soon and can enjoy the Annual Conf. Happy Easter weekend to you and Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having the dietician on Tuesday was fun & interesting. The salad was delicious!
    I'm sorry to hear you & Joe aren't feeling well. Hopefully whastever it is will pass quickly. This warmer weather feels good. Maybe all we need is some vitamin D (sunshine!). Happy easter to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you both aren’t feeling well....hope it all passes quickly! We will not be having a big family Easter dinner this year. Not sure yet but it could just be us that live here. Bought some ham so we at least have that for our dinner :)
    God bless you and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good to have a dietician at your study that day. Kale is good. We're having ham and eggs and veggies for Easter at home. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs and He Is Risen!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.