Friday, April 26, 2019

EASTER

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter.  This has been a busy week and it's the first time I have had to sit down and write a post.

We had a beautiful day.  It began with our Sunrise Service.  We hold it about half a block from our church building.  We own a piece of property on the corner and gather there in order to be a witness to the neighborhood.  The trees there are so pretty.



Pastor brought out some chairs for those of us who could not stand for the 45 minute service.



I'm on the end in the back row with the gold dress.



Joan, our oldest member, was able to be there from the nursing home where she lives.  It's the home we visit each Monday.



We sang hymns.



We read scripture.



We heard a message from Pastor Ralph.



It was lovely. 


Then we headed back to church for our Celebration Breakfast.  Everyone contributed.  Joe and I brought bagels, butter and cream cheese.  Rick brought a fruit salad.  Carolyn made a cheesy egg casserole and Dorothea made cheesy potatoes, bacon and sausage.  Everything was wonderful.




When everyone was finished eating we headed to the sanctuary for our Worship Service.  We had a special speaker, Pastor Dan.  He is a good friend of mine and Joe's.  He calls me his groupie.  Ha, ha!


On the tables at breakfast were flats of pansies.  We were told we could take one per family to plant at home.  So I did.



I have to get them planted tomorrow before I go away next week.

The dogwood tree outside of church is so beautiful!  Joe told me to take a picture of it to show you.


Joe gave me the most beautiful pearl pendant and matching earrings.  I keep meaning to take a picture of them, but haven't gotten there yet.  He also got me Peeps and a Reese's peanut butter egg.  You know I love my Peeps!



We had dinner at home this year.  I made lamb chops, asparagus and potato salad.  I wanted a "Spring" dinner.  It was very good.  As I was finishing up I realized I had not taken a picture of the meal.  Oh well.  I used my air fryer for it.  Everything I have made in the air fryer has turned out wonderful except for the fish I had last week.  It just fell apart.  So I will do my fish in a pan.  But the pork roast, chicken, and pork and lamb chops have turned out great.

It was a really nice day.  And ended with a beautiful sunset.



I want to thank Carolyn, our pastor's wife, for some of the pictures I used in this post.  And I hope your day was as nice as mine was.

Kathy

10 comments:

  1. Your church meeting outside in the neighborhood is wonderful. We do that too for the sunrise service, on public land along the ocean. Your congregation looks very friendly and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you had a good Easter service and it sounds the breakfast was yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting up and going for a sunrise service is the hardest part for me and it’s been years since we’ve attended one. Love the breakfast afterwards, that’s so nice to do. Your day sounds like it was wonderful! That dogwood tree is very beautiful. I love dogwoods!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The day looks absolutely beautiful! Sounds like everyone had a good time. Love the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful and meaningful service and how good that Joan was able to get out. She looks darling in her lavender outfit...a perfect complement to spring. Your fellowship is very sweet and honoring to The Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like your Easter day was just perfect! I love those outdoor services. That dogwood tree is gorgeous! You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your post, it looks and sounds as if you had a wonderful day.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. It amazed me that you had only sweaters on for your Easter service. It must have been a lot warmer there. I had to put on layers because it was so cold, rainy and windy. The pansies are so pretty and they will look nice in your yard. Glad you had a great Easter and Easter dinner. We have an Air Fryer and it is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a really nice day for you. Your trees do look beautiful! Thanks for sharing your Easter with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.